Enterprise IT Architect
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators,committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Enterprise IT Architect, based in EASA, Cologne, Germany.
The successful candidate will concentrate his/her activities on the following:
- The Enterprise IT Architect is engaged across portfolios and works towards assisting in the translation of business objectives and requirements into an enterprise compliant IT system specification with a focus on the performance, robustness, and operational supportability patterns across the solutions;
- Facilitating the development of architectural policies and standards as well as technology architecture roadmaps for one or more of the architectural domains (infrastructure / data / application / solutions);
- The Architect assures the end-to-end architectural, holistic view of the Agency’s IT system environments for their adherence to the specification standards;
- Provide high-level architectures, as well as solution designs, reviews and oversight standards /Policy Governance;
- Planning, documenting, communicating life cycle state for enterprise technologies (Invest, Maintain, Divest) that enable stability, dependability and recoverability of IT and operations;
- Facilitate the definition of the Strategic IT Architecture, “To be” domain architectures and transition paths.
The Key Person should bring the following skills and experience:
- At minimum Bachelor.
- Skilled in Enterprise Architecture, Service Oriented Architecture, Information Architecture, IT Architecture and/or Data Architecture;
- Strong technical expertise and proven design skills with breadth of knowledge across different architecture disciplines (Data/Application/Infrastructure/Network layer);
- Ability to conducts stakeholder and architecture capabilities reviews using industry standard notations and tool such as UML or ARIS;
- Experience with Webservers, Application servers, Messaging, Data technologies, Storage, Server Platform, Networking, System integration, Interoperability, API management and related technologies;
- Knowledge in major enterprise and IT architecture frameworks, preferably TOGAF;
- Experience in securing IT applications and infrastructure in hybrid cloud architectures;
- Knowledge of project management methodologies.
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience in a role as an IT Architect or Information/Data Architect (senior level).
- English at level C1 or equivalent.
Other competences and skills (Desirable):
- Problem identification and solving skills: ability to constructively challenge assumptions, identify key issues and escalate as appropriate;
- Experience in multicultural organizations;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Able to communicate in a succinct, clear and understandable manner;
- Able to summarize and present successfully key technical issues to the relevant stakeholders (developers, analysts, peers, management and business users) taking into consideration the background of the audience;
- Integrity & Professionalism.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services with over 220 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies