Enterprise Architect (26469, L 5)
Serco is a partner of choice to the European Institutions and other International Organisations. For the past 30 years, we have been providing European and International Organisations a wide range of services including ICT services in support, infrastructure, operations and development as well as managing different contact centres for the key European Institutions, agencies and organisations, in Brussels and across Europe.
What connects the ever-growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service –
To keep ahead, we have to evolve continually and enhance the way we deliver our services. Everyone in Serco has a role to play, here.
Serco provides the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
We are hiring a Enterprise Architect for our prestigious partner DIGIT TM (DG Informatics) in Brussels. DIGIT-TM is a contract from the European Commission for IT services across Europe.
If you like to work in a multi-cultural and dynamic environment, this opportunity can answer to your expectation.
We look forward to meeting you! Discover the offer below and click on ‘Apply’ if you know that your skillset and talents are a suitable match for this opportunity.
At Serco, we do not only offer a career but also the opportunity to join a community where everyone’s wellbeing matters, by living out the Serco values in all we do!
The main priorities and tasks for the next months of this contract are:
1. Content & Quality Management: to support all activities with regards to organizing,
structuring and labelling country content in an effective and sustainable way. The main activities – non-exhaustive – are:
a. To develop and implement processes to facilitate the Portal’s content management
(adding/modifying/updating country knowledge content) and to ensure that the offered Country Knowledge on the Portal is of high quality, is appropriately managed, is easily retrievable, usable and managed.
b. To enrich the Portal’s content offering by proactively identifying new content, to cluster the
content according to appropriate taxonomies/tags and to determine hierarchies of country
content and content flow.
c. To create and update Asset Fiche Containers for the different content types.
d. To establish service level agreements (SLAs)2 or similar agreements (close working
relationships) with content owners (DGs & Services) to ensure an up-to-date content offering.
e. To identify and propose key areas of enhancement and improvement in the Portal’s information architecture designs.
2. Exploring other platforms/solutions: to investigate – in collaboration with the One-Stop Shop – potential platform(s) for future versions of the Portal through market research. The Contractor will be asked to provide specific advice on which potential platform(s) and architecture could best fit the identified needs and technical/functional specifications for a Portal V1. A business case or an accompanying note should accompany this reflection.
3. User Adoption: the Contractor will be asked to support the user adoption activities, and support the team in developing training material, and facilitating training to end-users.
4. Working closely with other members of the One-Stop Shop and of the team (DIGIT,
development team, Business Analyst) on relevant aspects associated to the role of an Information Architect (e.g. user needs, user interface).
Education and technical expertise
• Minimum 15 years of relevant studies and experience after the secondary school
• Strong experience with Data Science, in specific, experience with the use of linked data and
ontologies definitions is mandatory
• Strong expertise on Knowledge and Document management platforms and Commission platforms
• Technically competent in the area of Enterprise Architecture modelling and design, especially related to business processes pertaining to Knowledge Management, information, application and security
• Technically competent in the area of Quality Management, especially related to user acceptance testing, understanding user expectations, developing quality control processes, developing processes to ensure consistency of data/content, etc.
• Excellent understanding of Business Process Modelling or Re-engineering
• Excellent knowledge of Document Workflow platforms
• A good understanding of the tools and techniques required to develop architecture and design artefacts
• Ability to work with a high degree of rigor and method
• Ability to work in a team
• Ability to cope with fast changing technologies used in application developments
Due to the particular nature of a large international organization such as the European Commission, the candidate should also have the following non-technical skills:
• Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment, on large projects
• Ability to participate in multilingual meetings
• Experience in project management
• Strong capability to link business needs and technology
• Hands-on experience in the implementation of linked data projects using common linked data artefacts and linked data technologies
• Familiarity with data formats including CSV, JSON, and XML
• Experience with data transformation techniques and tools, and with working with datasets
• Strong experience with managing Country Knowledge (country-specific and regional data,
information and knowledge), including proven knowledge of taxonomy for Country Knowledge
• Expertise in analysis of business processes and organizational structures pertaining to Knowledge Management, Document Management, as well as Knowledge Repository
• Fluency in English.
• Documents will be written in English
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Support provided to EU Nationals requiring relocation – Information available upon request
And the chance to make a positive difference in a company passionate about diversity and inclusion.
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 60,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco European Agencies