End User Platform Specialist
Serco is a specialist at delivering vital services on behalf of European, National and Local Governments.
Serco Europe employ’s a large workforce in Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Spain, Italy and the UK.
Our European operations have ca. 2,000 employees delivering critical services to public institutions throughout Europe.
Serco’s space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies - We work alongside EUMETSAT and the European Space Agency, where we are the largest on-site service provider with ca. 300 staff.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 60,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Candidate will be part part of a team which objective is to collect user requirements and to provide IT Engineering Support services during the design and the implementation phase of IT projects.
Service tasks will be mainly:
- Define and document user requirements related to new evolution activities
- Design new IT solutions aligned with user requirements.
- Create and keep relevant documentation accurate
- Prepare technical documentation in accordance with customer QMS and Security Directives to ensure service acceptance of the technical solution.
- Review technical documentation and provide feedback.
- Prepare ad-hoc presentations.
- Attend at project progress meetings.
- Prepare (design, document and deploy) POCs on new IT solutions.
- Coordinate pilots (engaging users, collecting and documenting their feedback) on new IT services.
- Submit request for changes on the production environment
- Participate to Service Acceptance Reviews for the acceptance of newly deployed services.
- Collaborate with all the team members of the project
- Provide Post Go Live support on new IT solutions implemented
The Ideal Candidate
Skills and attributes:
The minimum list of technical knowledge required for the position is the following:
1. Expert knowledge of MS Windows 10 – configuration, deployment and operation
2. Expert knowledge of Mac OS – configuration, deployment and operation
3. Expert knowledge of MS Active Directory – configuration, athorisation options and authentication
4. Knowledge of iOS - configuration, deployment and operation
5. Knowledge of Android - configuration, deployment and operation
6. Knowledge of SCCM & Intune
7. Knowledge of JAMF
The minimum list of “soft” skills that are needed for the position is the following:
1. Excellent verbal and written communications in English
2. Excellent ability to work in team
3. Excellent effort estimation capabilities, even based on minimum expressed requirements
4. Ability to work in a high pressure, customer focused environment
5. Excellent organizational and planning skills
Knowledge and experience:
- Good English Language knowledge (both written and spoken)
- Good communications skills
- Capacity of working in team
- Capacity of achieving schedule and milestones
- Capacity of working under pressure
- At least 3 years of experience in IT infrastructure as Linux/Windows System Administrator
- Experience in setting up Virtual environment
- Strong experience in moving from Physical to Virtual
Minimum 5 years of experience in similar service/technical environments
Technical Certifications are an asset
If candidates with equally relevant experience are identified, preference will be given to candidates within "Categorie Protette (Law 68/99)" or registered in “lista di mobilità” (only applicable in case of Italian candidates).
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Full details on application.
About the Company
Serco Italia Spa, part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider with over 50,000 employees worldwide.
Serco European Agencies