Earth Observation products analysis expert - HR/VHR
Serco is a specialist at delivering vital services on behalf of European, National and Local Governments.
Serco Europe employ’s a large workforce in Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Spain, Italy and the UK.
Our European operations have ca. 2,000 employees delivering critical services to public institutions throughout Europe.
Serco’s space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies - We work alongside EUMETSAT and the European Space Agency, where we are the largest on-site service provider with ca. 300 staff.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 60,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you.
This activity is intended to support ESA in the Copernicus Contributing Missions Access Support Functions and specifically on all aspects related to the quality control service aimed at ensuring a harmonised and fully assessed data offer to Copernicus Services and Users. The scope of work will include:
• Routine management and control of data provision by Contributing Missions to be further distributed to Services and Users:
• Completeness of provision wrt to planned/expected;
• Completeness of product relevant Quality Information;
• Assessment of suitability of products by verification of quality information Vs. declared quality levels;
• Monitoring of datasets population and completion status wrt to Data Portfolio requirements;
• Monitoring of harmonised quality across datasets;
• Thorough inspection and assessment of a representative data provided with respect to fitness for purpose and promised quality levels;
• Generation of periodical quality reports;
• Generation of information elements
• Attendance to periodical progress and reporting meetings
• Support for the implementation of new datasets, for the integration of new contributing missions:
• Analysis and assessment of sample data
• Support to the new contributing missions to integrate into the coordinated data access
• Review of contributing missions required documentation (Instrument and product reports, background documentation)
• Test results analysis and reporting
• Generation of ad hoc reports
• Participation to Contributing Missions progress meetings
• Harmonisation activities
• Identify and propose improvements for known quality issues across contributing missions
• Prepare and present activities outcome to international conferences
• Publish activity information regularly on web
• Submit papers relevant to the activity with a focus on proposed and achieved harmonisation tasks
The Ideal Candidate
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
• University degree or equivalent qualification, preferably in Remote Sensing and Earth Observation;
• Good understanding of and background in geophysical sciences and/or specific instruments relevant to the Sentinels 1-2-3 missions families, radar and optical (medium, high, very high resolution);
• Experience in data analysis and monitoring, relevant exploitation tools (e.g. GIS, Envi, Sentinels Toolbox, etc…).
• Experience in data quality control;
• Fluent English language (oral and written),
• Knowledge of the Sentinels mission families (and instruments) and relevant applications
• Strong expertise in optical HR/VHR products would be an asset
If candidates with equally relevant experience are identified, preference will be given to candidates within "Categorie Protette (Law 68/99)" or registered in “lista di mobilità” (only applicable in case of Italian candidates).
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Full details on application.
About the Company
Serco Italia Spa, part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider with over 50,000 employees worldwide.
Serco European Agencies