ESTRACK Service Delivery Manager
Do you have strong experience in team management and supervision and in-depth knowledge of the ESA/ESTRACK operational environment and ground station operations? You could be our new ESTRACK Service Delivery Manager. Come and join talented diverse Serco team at the European Organisation for the European Space Operations Centre (ESOC) based in Darmstadt, Germany.
Serco is among the leading Space Industry and Services Companies. Serco’s space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies - We work alongside EUMETSAT and the European Space Agency, our employees have been providing everyday their technical, scientific and management skills to support the full range of European cornerstone space missions.
The role is part of the newly established Network Operations Centre (NOC) tasked with coordinating, configuring and monitoring activities related to the ESA ground segment, specifically the Telemetry, Tracking and Command (TT&C) stations of the ESTRACK ground station network.
The NOC is responsible for providing 1st and 2nd line support to the ESA space missions and its users.
It provides Ground Station Operations, Operational IT and Operational Control Centre services and acts as single point of contact for real-time service requests from ESTRACK and MOI-IT users.
As ESTRACK Service Delivery Manager you will concentrate your activities on the following:
- Managing the NOC shift team, the NOC-Engineering team and NOC Scheduling team;
- Provide leadership and guidance to staff;
- Act as an official interface to the customer and users;
- Manage and maintain the shift plans in accordance with operational and legal requirements;
- Act as the escalation point for issues for both staff and the customer;
- Support to service transition & roll-out of new solutions and operational validation;
- Support of LEOP (launch and early orbit) activities;
- Tracking of issues and incidents;
- Together with the training officer ensure ongoing training and re-certification of the NOC staff;
- QA (including tracking/resolution of actions, reporting and participation in reviews/audits).
Do you think you are the person we are looking for? See below what experience or knowledge you should bring:
- You will require good professional experience in service delivery in a 24/7 end-to-end ground station environment.
- Strong experience in team management and supervision in difficult 24/7 environments;
- Strong leadership skills;
- Experience in training and mentoring staff;
- Experience in ITIL-based service management;
- Solid knowledge of KPI/SLA driven service environments;
- In-depth knowledge of the ESA/ESTRACK operational environment and ground station operations;
- Good knowledge of QA systems;
- Fluent in English, both in speech and writing;
- Self-starter, able to work independently with little or no supervision;
- Pro-active and confident personality with good persuasive skills;
- Team-player, able to interface with technical and management personnel;
- Well-organised, able to prioritise and manage several tasks in parallel;
- Working IT knowledge, including Linux, networking concepts and common tools and software applications;
- Working knowledge of telecommunications, including wave propagation, EM spectrum, modulation techniques, antennas, signal gain and loss, analogue and digital transmission, multiplexing and switching;
- Have a good understanding of IT security: concepts, technology and best practices;
- Have a good understanding of IT networking: WAN/LAN concepts, technology and troubleshooting;
- PC literacy: MS Office Products, Lotus Notes;
- Able to write and present documentation and reports.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
What we offer if you join our amazing team:
• Competitive Salary
• Corporate Benefits Package
• Exciting relocation package (if applicable)
• Company events
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco European Agencies