EPS-SG Operational Processors Engineer
Serco Nederland BV,/ Serco Services GmbH, part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider with over 50,000 employees worldwide.
Serco’s space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies - We work alongside EUMETSAT and the European Space Agency, where we are the largest on-site service provider with ca. 300 staff.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for two EPS-SG ( EUMETSAT Polar System-Second Generation) Operational Processors Engineers based at EUMETSAT.
The successful candidates should concentrate their activities on the following tasks:
- Monitor the development and testing of EPS-SG Operational Processors providing relevant support to the Technical Officer;
- Attend and contribute to meetings and reviews associated to the development lifecycle of the Operational Processors.
- Witness as an observer any testing activities involving the Operational Processors.
- Witness as an observer any integration activities involving the Operational Processors.
- Contribute to following up and closing of Actions, Open Points, and Review Item Discrepancies.
- Support the Processing Specifications and Testing
- EPS-SG Processing Specifications;
- EPS-SG Test Data;
- EPS-SG Calibration and Validation plan;
- Assessment of impact of new Processing Specification on the Operational Processors.
- Contribute to Operational Processors related meetings
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidates should bring the following skills and experience:
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- You have a University degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline (e.g. Computer Science and/or Software Engineering, Atmospheric Physics, Remote Sensing) or comparable qualifications in an operational Data Processing field, with more than 10 years’ experience in related domains.
- You have skills and proven hands-on experience (more than three years) in the following mandatory areas:
- Procurement activities (e.g. interfacing with industrial contractors), preferably in the field of payload data ground processing;
- Design, Verification and Validation of Meteorological and/or Earth Observation Operational Processors.
- You are fluent in spoken and written English.
- You are able to perform multiple tasks under a tight schedule.
- You are able to fulfil assigned tasks independently and without supervision.
- You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
The following skills would be highly desirable:
- You have a practical knowledge of Big Data technologies, including in particular Kafka and Storm.
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL or above.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Highly competitive salary
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services, employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries.
We work closely with the European Government Institutions & Space Agencies providing crucial Services with over 300 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies