ECLS Engineer (RT-C/TEC-MMG/00651)
Do you have experience in engineering and analysis of chemical and
biochemical processes? Do you also have good knowledge of plant/food production? You could be our new ECLS Engineer. Come join Serco team at the European Space Agency.
Serco is among the leading Space Industry and Services Companies. We have over 40 years’ experience in supporting the space sector: Since the creation of the European Space Agency (ESA), our employees have been providing everyday their technical, scientific and management skills to support the full range of European cornerstone space missions.
As ECLS Engineer you will be responsible of the below tasks:
The successful candidate will work in the Life support and Physical Sciences Instrumentation Section in ESA-ESTEC. The main focus of our work is sustainable life support technologies, In Situ Resource Utilisation and small payload development for manned and unmanned spaceflight.
The ECLS Engineer will:
- Implement and supervise R&D activities in the field of sustainable life support technologies (e.g. MELiSSA), with a specific focus on bioreactors, biochemical processes characterisation, modelling and development;
- Supervise the development of technology demonstrators on board ISS and follow up of operations over its life cycle;
- Implement and supervise R&D activities in the area of In Situ Resource Utilisation;
- Provide project support for manned spaceflight and scientific experiments onboard the ISS;
- Provide support to the management of the MELiSSA project, technical and scientific coordination with MELiSSA partners.
Do you think you are the person we are looking for? See below what experience or knowledge you should bring:
- PhD or Master in Chemical Engineering, Biotechnology applied Microbiology or Physics;
- Experience in specification, engineering and analysis of chemical and biochemical processes, knowledge of plant/food production;
- Experience in multi-phases processes characterisation and engineering is asset;
- Project skills, Management of R&D contracts, academic and industrial experience;
- Knowledge of space systems engineering is an asset;
- Good interpersonal communication skills, team oriented.
What we offer if you join our amazing team:
- Competitive Salary
- Corporate Benefits Package
- Exciting relocation package (if applicable)
- Company events
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries. In Europe, Serco supports governments and international organisations in the delivery of essential public services with operations in Belgium, France and French Guyana, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service and to keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play. We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
If you share our values and want to join a team of over 50,000 passionate colleagues globally we want to hear from you.
Make a difference every day.
Serco European Agencies