Drupal Application Developer (0583, M3)
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators,committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Application Developer, based in Brussels.
NATURE OF THE TASKS
- Developments and maintenance of software applications
- Design and development of component architecture and building blocks for the web content management system.
- Implementation of users requirements
- Analysis of user functional and non-functional requirements regarding the site.
- Data analysis and data modelling.
- Provision of quality and security assessments, control tests, evaluations and service level agreements associated with EAC's established Drupal infrastructure services and PHP.
- Production of technical documentation (i.e. architecture documents, components/building blocks related documents, etc.).
The Ideal Candidate
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Knowledge and professional experience of software development methodologies like BDD & TDD.
- Knowledge of JIRA and GIT/SVN
- Knowledge of modelling tools (e.g. UML)
- Knowledge of search engines (like Solr or Elasticsearch) is a big asset.
- Knowledge and proven professional experience of Agile development methodologies and SCRUM
- Knowledge of relational database systems
- Knowledge of service oriented architecture and design of Internet applications
- Capability of working in an international/multicultural environment.
- Fluency in English
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
For positions located within the Darmstadt Support Office please note that only applicants with no family affiliation within the Company will be considered.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services with over 220 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies