We have an exciting (and challenging) opening for a Documentalist in Noordwijk.
Please note: The position is offered as a fixed-term contract as a maternity leave cover.
Dynamic, Energetic, Entrepreneurial, Highly Motivated, Resilient … If this describes you then we would love to hear from you :)
Discover the offer below and click on ‘Apply’ if you know that your skillset and talents are a suitable match for this opportunity.
- Serco – The employer of choice for a career within the Space Sector.
Serco are a trusted provider of services to National Space Agencies and the European Space Agency (ESA), we have over 40 years’ experience supporting the space sector and providing services for all stages of our customer’s space missions.
- Join our community of space specialists across Europe
We are proud to support the European institutional Space landscape: Serco boasts an extensive network of Space professionals located at our offices in Darmstadt, Noordwijk, Frascati, Paris and Madrid, all within close proximity of our two largest space sector customers, European Space Agency/European Space Operations Centre (ESA/ESOC) and European Organisation for the Exploitation of Meteorological Satellites (EUMETSAT).
- Supporting Women in Aerospace
Diversity and Inclusion is extremely important to us. Supporting women's opportunities, development and visibility in the space sector is key and that is why we are proud members and supporters of Women in Aerospace Europe, a dynamic and global network supporting women's careers in Aerospace.
As Documentalist you will concentrate your activities on the following:
- The task covers the daily operation, maintenance and change control for records in the Navigation Directorate’s Documentation and Configuration Management System. This includes the participation in and to support improvements of the processes related to the use of electronic documentation and configuration systems, management tools (e.g. for action tracking) and other relevant IT tools. The documentation and configuration tasks are rendered by the CADM Office to given programmes, projects and specific organizational entities within the Navigation Directorate. It includes the following regular duties in particular:
- Document registration, distribution and archiving, as well as provision of reproduction services of documents and media.
- Regular review of the status of documents in the different archive and storage locations and align this information in the Documentation and Configuration Management System database.
- Processing configuration controlled document changes and official papers relevant to the activities of the unit.
- Generation and maintenance of documentation and configuration tracking lists.
- Support to the management of the User Account List to the Directorate‘s servers and services.
- Support to users for entering and retrieving documents from various Documentation and Configuration Management related server systems (internally and externally).
- Liaising with industrial partner’s CADM officers and documentalists for exchanging data and resolving documentation and configuration related issues.
- Provision of paper copies of electronic documents on request, creation of electronic versions of documents and management of original files.
- Support to all documentation and configuration related tasks for technical and non-technical reviews.
- Support to the Directorate Document & Records Officer (DDRO) in discharging relevant functions. The above tasks must be implemented in line with applicable Directorate’s Configuration Management processes.
Do you think you are the person we are looking for? See below what experience or knowledge you should bring:
- University degree (Bachelor) from a recognized Institution of secondary studies or equivalent qualification in Business Administration (or Communications as relevant), with typically 4 years of relevant experience.
- The work associated to this position can require handling of classified documentation.
- You shall confirm to be eligible and willing to apply to a Personal Security Clearance.
- The previous possession of a Personal Security Clearance will be considered positively.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
What we offer if you join our amazing team:
• Competitive Salary
• Corporate Benefits Package
• Support provided to EU Nationals requiring relocation – Information available upon request
• Company events
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 60,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco European Agencies