Developer Web Technologies
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators,committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Developer Web Technologies, based in EASA, Cologne, Germany.
The key person will be responsible for:
- Configuration, development and maintenance of web applications (excl. Microsoft technologies);
- Configuration, development and integration of software and technical components;
- Analyse and estimate requests for changes, user stories project tasks and bug fixes requirements;
- Assist with design and prototyping activities to be implemented according to the architectural standards;
- Implement software items by writing clean, well designed and self-documenting code based on EASA IT Standards (e.g. SSDLC – Secure Software Development Lifecycle, EASA Data and IT Architecture etc.);
- Develop and maintain applications in accordance with architecture standards, specifications and technical best practices;
- Write appropriate unit and integration tests;
- Support UAT (User Acceptance Testing);
- Produce technical and user documentation in accordance with the EASA standards;
- Integrate software components or applications in the various environments (validation, staging, production etc.);
- Troubleshoot and test applications to ensure strong optimisation and functionality;
- Perform evolution and tuning activities to web applications;
- Provide support and expertise to other teams and as 2nd and 3rd support level to end-users in the field of expertise (root-cause analysis, issue resolution);
- Providing detailed reports to the project manager and/or Team Coordinator (scope, time).
The key person should have:
- At minimum Bachelor.
- Excellent knowledge of web and multi-tier application development with recent non Microsoft development languages;
- Excellent knowledge of REST, SOA and development and maintenance of APIs;
- Excellent knowledge and experience with responsive, multi-device “App” design and development;
- Knowledge and experience with development and deployment tools;
- Knowledge and experience with CMS (Drupal framework) and website development;
- Strong knowledge of OWASP application security flaws and mitigation and of web application security features;
- Development based on Agile development methodologies;
- Knowledge of project management methodologies.
- Minimum 4 years (Standard level) or minimum 7 years (Senior level) of professional experience in a role as a Web developer.
- English at level B2 or equivalent.
Other competences and skills:
- Problem identification and solving skills: ability to constructively challenge assumptions, identify key issues and escalate as appropriate;
- Experience in multicultural organizations;
- Well planned and organized;
- Results and quality oriented;
- Good communication skills;
- Ability to cope with fast changing technologies used in application developments;
- Team Player.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services with over 220 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies