At Serco, we strive to promote and enable the diversity, development, wellbeing and safety of our people. We understand that healthier, happier employees go hand-in-hand with strong business performance, enhanced productivity and better outcomes for those we serve. We want everybody who works for Serco to have a positive experience and access to opportunities to develop in their chosen careers.
Serco Italia S.p.A. is one of the top 50 World Space Manufacturing and Service companies with a long history of providing Earth Observation operations, maintenance and front-end services to the European Space Agency. The company also offers vast experience to a huge number of IT and space markets including: central governments, defence organisations, the aerospace industry and commercial companies.
Does working in a Serco environment sound appealing to you?
We would love to hear from you and your interest in the new opportunity of DevOps Engineer in Frascati !
Does this vacancy not suit your profile? Not to worry, you can send your updated CV to email@example.com – a member of our Recruitment Team will come back to you shortly after.
As DevOps Engineer you will be involved in activities relevant to Copernicus, Destination Earth (DestinE) and Italian PNRR initiatives. The position entails responsibility for supporting the development and operations of high-quality software applications to meet the needs of end-users and contribute to the success of the organization.
- Support the building and setting up of the new deployment pipelines
- Working on ways to automate and improve development and release processes
- Ensuring that systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats
- Identifying technical problems and the need for software updates and ‘fixes’
- Working with Dev and Engineering teams to ensure that the applications deployment follows established processes and works as intended
- Being involved in project management decisions
- Produce relevant documentation of the defined procedures and maintain it up to date.
In return, we offer a friendly, supportive and professional environment that respects your work/life balance and ultimately contributes to the delivery of public services in Italy and around the world.
- Good knowledge of Linux/Unix Operating System environment, and bash scripting
- Good knowledge of code versioning and CI/CD tools (Git, Jenkins, Maven, etc..)
- Good knowledge of Programming languages (e.g. Python, etc.)
- Good knowledge of containers orchestration (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, Argo, Rancher)
- Working experience with container-based applications and Cloud deployments
- Good Knowledge of Agile and DevOps practices
- Working experience with containers deployment pipelines
- Capability of writing technical documentation
- Proactive problem solving attitude
- English Level B2 (Upper-Intermediate), written and spoken
- Knowledge of Earth Observation satellite data product formats
- Knowledge of Copernicus and Destination Earth (DestinE) programs
- Critical thinking and self-organization skills
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Joining Serco Italy’s amazing team offers:
- Competitive Salary
- Great career opportunities in the Space industry
- Competitive Salary
- Corporate Benefits Package
- Support provided to EU Nationals requiring relocation – Information available upon request
- Company events
- International environment
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 60,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco European Agencies