Dependability and Safety Support Engineer (RT-C/TEC-QQD/00665)
Do you have a relevant experience of application of RAMS engineering to space programs? You could be our new Dependability and Safety Support Engineer. Come join Serco team at the European Space Agency.
Serco is among the leading Space Industry and Services Companies. We have over 40 years’ experience in supporting the space sector: Since the creation of the European Space Agency (ESA), our employees have been providing everyday their technical, scientific and management skills to support the full range of European cornerstone space missions.
As Dependability and Safety Support Engineer you will report to the Head of Dependability and Safety Section and in addition to WP description in SoW, specific tasks and responsibilities will include:
• Support collection and exploitation of In-orbit data
• Support R&D activities (e.g. TRP, GSP, GSTP, CDs Dossiers etc)
• Contribute to continual improvement of the RAMS methods and tools
• Support preparation of training courses and materials
• Support organisation of conferences and workshops
• Participate in collaborative activities with universities, research institutes and industry (Research Fellowship, OSIP...)
• Support preparation and assessment of Safety Data Package for Safety Authority approval.
Do you think you are the person we are looking for? See below what experience or knowledge you should bring:
• Relevant experience of application of RAMS engineering to space programs, including in ground and/or ground based systems and operations
• Experience in design and engineering of safety critical systems.
• A hands-on knowledge of the RAMS analyses and methodologies (Hardware and Software), preparation of relevant RAMS documentation during the overall project life-cycle and application of ECSS dependability and safety standards
• Experience in dependability and safety engineering management processes and objectives and experience during operations is an advantage
• Experience in the field of ground safety and projects assistance in obtaining the relevant launch centre safety certification is an advantage
• Knowledge of RTCA/DO-178C “Software Considerations in Airborne Systems and Equipment Certification" and related certification schemes, and experience in interfacing certification authorities is considered an asset
• Knowledge of EU Safety Directive as “Directive 98/37/EC Machinery”, Directive 99/92/EC Risk from Explosive Atmospheres”, “Directive 97/23/EC Pressure Equipment” and other safety directives relevant for space is considered an asset
• Familiarity with space product assurance practices together with a good working knowledge of appropriate RAMS tools is an advantage.
What we offer if you join our amazing team:
- Competitive Salary
- Corporate Benefits Package
- Exciting relocation package (if applicable)
- Company events
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries. In Europe, Serco supports governments and international organisations in the delivery of essential public services with operations in Belgium, France and French Guyana, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service and to keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play. We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
If you share our values and want to join a team of over 50,000 passionate colleagues globally we want to hear from you.
Make a difference every day.
Serco European Agencies