Defence Capture Lead Germany
Serco is a partner of choice to the European Institutions and other International Organisations. For the past 30 years, we have been providing European and International Organisations a wide range of services including services in support, infrastructure, operations and development across multiple sectors such as Space, International organizations and Defence across Europe.
What connects the ever-growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service and to keep ahead, we have to evolve continually and enhance the way we deliver our services. Everyone in Serco has a role to play, here.
Serco provides the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
We’re looking for a Defence Capture lead, to reinforce the team in Germany to:
- Deliver the growth targets in Defence in Germany.
- Develop the market and identify new opportunities for growth in line with the business unit’s vision, goals and strategies
- Create and implement in Germany a BD Defence strategy in line with Europe and Group strategy for high growth and margin improvement.
- Own the delivery of the German defence market sales targets to ensure successful implementation of the business plan, secure contract wins and revenue growth.
- Deliver on our commitments to provide high quality services that create sustainable value for our customers, employees and shareholders.
- Ensure that all business opportunities are properly qualified and reviewed in order to maximise opportunity, profitability and manage/control business and financial risk.
The role is responsible for the delivery of the defence market’s sales targets and successful management of defence bid opportunities in Germany. To lead the delivery of Serco's growth strategy in this market, in particular in the naval domain.
The role reports directly to the Germany Country Manager and functionally to the Europe Defence BD Director.
We look forward to meeting you! Discover the offer below and click on ‘Apply’ if you know that your skillset and talents are a suitable match for this opportunity.
As Defence Capture Lead Germany you will be responsible for:
Winning Good Business:
- To contribute as a member of the country’s senior management team in the formation of the business’ strategies and plans in Defence in Germany.
- To put in place robust strategies and plans for the German defence business stream, aligned to Serco Group and divisional strategies, that will deliver the objectives of the Business Unit and countries.
- To deliver profitable contract wins and success for a large investment opportunity pipeline.
- To identify, grow and secure opportunities for growth in current and new capabilities.
- To develop and maintain a network of relationships with customers, potential customers in the sector, partners and stakeholders to develop the credibility of Serco.
- To represent and promote the ‘Serco Way’ to customers, stakeholders, the community and the public, fostering a partnership approach to relationships.
- To develop a deep understanding of the needs of the defence sector across a range of areas to ensure that Serco can develop winning propositions that will delight the customer. To develop “upstream” opportunities and shape opportunities before they reach tender stage to maximise Serco’s ability to win.
- To ensure that the winning contracts are optimally structured, reviewed, managed and operated according to the bid, i.e. ensure handshake between sales and operations (Contract Management) to guarantee sustainable success.
- In alignment with contract management, contribute to that all bids are financially viable and that the best financial model is adopted throughout the bid process in order to achieve profit and cash targets meeting corporate and legal requirements.
- To lead and engage in the development of a network of key relationships with customers, potential customers, partners and stakeholders in order to anticipate and meet customer’s existing and future needs and enhance Serco’s reputation.
- To support the development of innovative products and services that can be integrated with others from across the business to meet the needs of our chosen and emerging market.
A Place People are Proud to Work:
- To coordinate at a European level with the defence BD Director.
- Understand, own and be a passionate and proactive role model for our Governing Principles and ensure that they are fully embedded throughout the business stream.
- Work with other divisions and countries to ensure that the Serco expertise is brought into the offers and future opportunities.
- Implement and adhere to Serco’s agreed common processes and systems to maximise value for Serco and the customer.
- To ensure our offers provide customers with ethical delivery, effective service and great value.
- Identify opportunities to satisfy customer requirements through inter-operability throughout our organisation.
Profitable & Sustainable:
- To deliver the business unit sales target.
- To ensure effective financial management is in place to deliver the sales target within budget.
In return, we offer a friendly, supportive and professional environment that respects your work/life balance and ultimately contributes to the delivery of public services in Belgium and around the world.
- Excellent knowledge of German government procurement processes.
- Deep knowledge of the various sales mechanisms available to German Government to take an opportunity to market (ITT, Competitive Dialogue, Negotiated Procedure etc).
- Excellent knowledge of how to use company governance processes to translate potential sales opportunities into successfully run and profitable operations.
- Deep knowledge of military matters and stakes in Europe, expertise in Naval business would be a plus.
- Excellent understanding of service business.
- Excellent relationship building and stakeholder management skills, at senior levels within the German government, OEMs or partner/subcontractors.
- Demonstrated strong stakeholder management, negotiation skills, creating highly impactful influence at all levels of interaction., including executive level business briefings.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external customers and key business stakeholders.
- Knowledge/experience of key current and potential stakeholders in the German market.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to assimilate information quickly and communicate key messages simply and effectively to the business to aid decision making.
- Strategic thinking skills with the flexibility take a hands-on, pragmatic approach as required.
- Excellent judgement and decision-making skills.
- Self-starter and self-aware yet highly resilient individual capable of challenging and being challenged.
- Commercially astute and financially aware with proven strategy development and execution capability.
- Evidence of developing and executing a clear strategy for account management in the German defence market, resulting in increased profitable market share.
- Recent and relevant experience of working with key accounts and customers across the German public sector.
- Experience in the defence sector and/or military background would be beneficial.
- Experience in the field of service business would be well regarded.
Additional / special features of the role
- Ability to develop positive relationships with other regions to call on Serco’s global expertise; at times this may require additional travel, globally.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
- Excellent Salary
- Corporate Benefits Package
- Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
- And the chance to make a positive difference in a company passionate about diversity and inclusion.
- Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 60,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco European Agencies