At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators,committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Database Developer, based in EASA, Cologne, Germany.
The key person will be responsible for:
- Analyse and estimate requests for changes, project tasks related to the competence, bug fixes, designs etc. according to the incoming requests;
- Assist with design and prototyping activities or design and prototype database model or architectures to be implemented according to the architectural standards;
- Implement new database structures based on EASA IT Standards (SSDLC – Secure Software Development Lifecycle, EASA Data and IT Architecture etc.);
- Develop and maintain databases in accordance with specifications and technical best practices;
- Develop and maintain data warehouse and/or datamarts in accordance with specifications and technical best practices;
- Produce technical and user documentation in accordance with the EASA standards;
- Integrate databases, data warehouse and/or datamarts in the various environments (validation, staging, production etc.);
- Troubleshoot and perform testing to ensure strong optimisation and functionality;
- Perform maintenance at database, data warehouse and/or datamart level in accordance with maintenance requests;
- Perform changes at database, data warehouse and/or datamart level in accordance with change and/or project requests;
- Perform data analysis and data quality management tasks;
- Provide support and expertise to other teams and as 2nd and 3rd support level to end-users in the field of expertise (root-cause analysis, issue resolution);
- Providing detailed reports to the project manager and/or Team Coordinator (scope, time).
The key person should have:
- At minimum Bachelor.
- Proven work experience in designing and developing databases in MS SQL Server and/or MySQL and/or Oracle;
- Proven work experience in developing database specifications, maintenance and integration into IT infrastructure (on premise or external hosting);
- Proven work experience in implementing new database products, database design, or enhancements to core product databases;
- Proven work experience in designing and implementing data warehouses, datamarts and/or data lakes;
- Proven work experience in performing data analyses and use of data analysis tools and methods;
- Experience in MS SSIS and MS SSRS;
- Strong knowledge of application security features;
- Development based on Agile Methodologies Experience in implementation of ITIL Best Practices;
- Knowledge of project management methodologies.
- Minimum 4 years (Standard level) or minimum 7 years (Senior level) of professional experience in a role as a Database developer.
- English at level B2 or equivalent.
Other competences and skills:
- Problem identification and solving skills: ability to constructively challenge assumptions, identify key issues and escalate as appropriate;
- Experience in multicultural organizations;
- Well planned and organized;
- Results and quality oriented;
- Good communication skills;
- Team Player.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services with over 220 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies