Database Developer (15215, L5)
PLEASE, fill the Knowledge Assessment attached to the offer, and send it with your application !
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators,committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Database Developer, in an international organisation based in Brussels.
You will be responsible for:
- Development and maintenance of software applications
- Development and integration of technological components
- Implementation of user requirements.
- Elaboration of test programs
- Integration with other applications
- Writing of technical documentation
- Assistance with deployment and configuration of the system
- Participation in meetings with the project teams
You should have:
- In-depth knowledge of ORACLE 12c (with a focus on features for developers)
- In-depth knowledge of SQL including performance tuning
- In-depth knowledge of PL/SQL
- Good knowledge of data modelling techniques and tools
- Good knowledge of database design techniques and tools
- Good knowledge of application development environments
- Good knowledge of Agile methodology
- Ability to cope with fast changing technologies used in application developments
- Ability to participate in multilingual meetings
- Ability to understand, speak and write French and English (B2 level)
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to work in multi-cultural environment, on a large project
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team. who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco European Agencies