Data Processing Engineer
Serco is a specialist at delivering vital services on behalf of European, National and Local Governments.
Serco Europe employ’s a large workforce in Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Spain, Italy and the UK.
Our European operations have ca. 2,000 employees delivering critical services to public institutions throughout Europe.
Serco’s space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies - We work alongside EUMETSAT and the European Space Agency, where we are the largest on-site service provider with ca. 300 staff.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 60,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you.
We are looking for a Data Processing Engineer for joining the Serco Engineering team with the Objectives of:
- ensuring, in the various phases of the contract, appropriate support to ESA for all aspects related to the Sentinel-1 products (i.e. data processing and products generation monitoring and quality control );
Main tasks are:
- Support of the processing of Sentinel 1A/B images level 1/2 installation and testing of IPF.
- Antenna data acquisition monitoring, reporting and anomalies identification (e.g. CADU/VCDU frame loss monitoring, issues identification and reporting).
- Analysis of the consistency, quality and validity of Sentinels products.
- Anomalies identification, investigation and reporting on data processing systems.
- Tools and DB design, development, maintenance and operation to support monitoring, verification, investigation and reporting activities on operational data processing systems (e.g. products and production checks).
- Analysis and develop interface between new processor and PGDS
Skills and attributes:
- Ability to work under pressure and without continuous supervision;
- Good knowledge of MS office tools and especially advanced skills in presentation tools (e.g. PowerPoint, Keynote).
- Good technical and analytical skills;
- Good time management skills;
- Good communications skills
- Capacity of working in team
- Capacity of achieving schedule and milestones
- Pro¬active problem solving attitude
Knowledge and experience:
- University degree (or equivalent) in a relevant engineering discipline
- Knowledge in the field of radar signal processing (Radar Signal Processing), with particular reference to SAR radar systems
- Knowledge of Sentinel-1 data products or algorithmics is an asset
- Knowledge of Python ,PHP, MySQL, bash
- Knowledge Red Hat Operating System
- Good command of English
- Technical documentation writing (English)
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
If candidates with equally relevant experience are identified, preference will be given to candidates within "Categorie Protette (Law 68/99)" or registered in “lista di mobilità” (only applicable in case of Italian candidates).
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Full details on application.
About the Company
Serco Italia Spa, part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider with over 50,000 employees worldwide.
Serco European Agencies