Oracle/SQL Server DBA (Secret Level/EU Security Clearance)
Serco is a specialist at delivering vital services on behalf of European, National and Local Governments.
Serco Europe employ’s a large workforce in Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Spain, Italy and the UK.
Our European operations have ca. 2,000 employees delivering critical services to public institutions throughout Europe.
Serco is looking for Infra & Security Specialists to join its active team in the on-going mission to support its prestigious client who's active in the diplomatic sector on the EU level.
The tasks that you’ll achieve are :
- Database installation, configuration and administration
- Database monitoring and tuning
- Writing of database procedures manuals, including disaster recovery plans.
- Database incident management
- Coordination of database support
The Ideal Candidate
As our successful candidate you have :
- A valid Security Clearance (without a valid Security Clearance, you will not be considered !) ;
- A 4 year degree in Computer Science related subject and 12 years experience in IT Environment. (In the absence of a degree each candidate will have an additional two years experience per annum of missing higher education) ;
- it’s mandatory to hold a MCSA : SQL Server 2012/2014 and desirable to hold a MCSA : SQL 2016 Databsase Administration ;
- a certification in 9i to 12c Oracle ;
- 12 years experience in administration, maintenance, support of databases, in Database Management and in operating systems for common database servers ;
- 10 years experience in Database client software, in common Database Management Systems, in Database Performance Tuning, in Database High availability and Disaster Recovery, in Oracle Database 9i or higher and 10 years experience and knowledge of COTS, back up products and in system scripting ;
- 5 years experience in alerting and monitoring, in Database Security hardening solutions and in high-availability solutions : stand-by DBs and/or Clustering ;
- 5 years experience in MS-SQL, in Microsoft SQL 2012 and 1 year experience in Microsoft SQL 2016 ;
- 4 years experience in Oracle DB Security hardening ;
- It’s desirable to have 2 years experience in ITIL (change management, incident management, configuration management, availability management) ;
- an excellent knowledge of English is mandatory (level C1 CEFR) beside the knowledge of another language of the EU. The knowledge of French is also seen as a very valuable asset.
/!\ PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU MUST HOLD A VALID SECURITY CLEARANCE (EU/NATO) ON THE TIME OF APPLICATION IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE
For your information, if you are selected for this role, we can offer you the following:
A permanent contract with Serco with an interesting salary completed by a superior package of extralegal benefits :
- Salaries are paid 13.92 times/year if a full year is completed - as follows:
- Monthly salary 12 times
- Holiday prime paid in June (92% of the salary)
- End year bonus (usually mid-December).
- Monthly net representation allowance
- Meal vouchers/worked day
- Medical insurance (extendable to your household)
- Group insurance
- A company car with a fuel card – if the car is not taken, this benefit is compensated by a monthly bonus
- Relocation support (if applicable)
- Internal mobility is strongly promoted
About the Company
Serco Services Belgium, part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider. In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services in the IT department with over 220 staff members.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provides the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you.
Are you the one we're looking for ? Apply now by clicking the Apply button, or email/phone us for more information !
firstname.lastname@example.org - +32/497.05.33.67
Serco European Agencies