Copernicus User Support Operator
At Serco, we strive to promote and enable the diversity, development, wellbeing and safety of our people. We understand that healthier, happier employees go hand-in-hand with strong business performance, enhanced productivity and better outcomes for those we serve. We want everybody who works for Serco to have a positive experience and access to opportunities to develop in their chosen careers.
Serco Italia S.p.A. is one of the top 50 World Space Manufacturing and Service companies with a long history of providing Earth Observation operations, maintenance and front-end services to the European Space Agency. The company also offers vast experience to a huge number of IT and space markets including: central governments, defence organisations, the aerospace industry and commercial companies.
Does working in a Serco environment sound appealing to you?
We would love to hear from you and your interest in the new opportunity of Copernicus User Support Operator in Frascati !
Does this vacancy not suit your profile? Not to worry, you can send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org – a member of our Recruitment Team will come back to you shortly after.
The objective of the Services Coordinated Interface (SCI) domain is to provide support to the Copernicus users regarding EO data provision from Sentinel missions and Copernicus Contributing Missions. The necessary functions supporting the data provision are the HelpDesk and the OrderDesk (standard and emergency). The service will ensure the coordinated procurement of data and their availability to Copernicus users.
- User Support Desk, including users’ registration, users’ enquiries and complaints management, collection of user satisfaction feedback
- Order Desk, handling the standard EO data requests from users, up to data delivery
- CSCDA web site content management, including publication of the information related to the data offer and the support functions.
- Support to the SCI Team Leader, following his/her instructions, preparing the relevant documentation, making sure the working instructions are correctly applied by all Service Desk operators, contributing to their periodical consolidation.
All tasks will be supported by proper operational procedures and working instructions and will make use of specific tools (Applications, Systems, Documents and Interfaces)
MS Office suite, Web browsers and relevant web-based applications, FTP tools
In return, we offer a friendly, supportive and professional environment that respects your work/life balance and ultimately contributes to the delivery of public services in Italy and around the world.
- Customer orientation,
- Very good knowledge and fluency with English language (mandatory – both written and spoken)
- Ability to write and to understand technical documentation
- Earth Observation knowledge, including proper handling of ESA main product specifications, mission constraints and ESA data policies
- Remote Sensing knowledge is a preferred asset
- good interpersonal and team working skills
- proactivity and aptitude to autonomous initiatives
- knowledge of standard MS Office automation tools
- past experience in Service Desk roles is an added value asset
- Handling of orders towards Contributing Missions
- Replies/feedback and relevant information to Users
- Input for Monthly Reports
- Operational Procedures and internal Working Instructions
- User Satisfaction and relevant Investigation output
- Escalation to the SCI Team Leader with respect to the unresolved issues and complaints
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Joining Serco Italy’s amazing team offers:
- Competitive Salary
- Great career opportunities in the Space industry
- Competitive Salary
- Corporate Benefits Package
- Exciting relocation package (if applicable)
- Company events
- International environment
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 60,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco European Agencies