Copernicus System Engineer
At Serco, we strive to promote and enable the diversity, development, wellbeing and safety of our people. We understand that healthier, happier employees go hand-in-hand with strong business performance, enhanced productivity and better outcomes for those we serve. We want everybody who works for Serco to have a positive experience and access to opportunities to develop in their chosen careers.
Serco Italia S.p.A. is one of the top 50 World Space Manufacturing and Service companies with a long history of providing Earth Observation operations, maintenance and front-end services to the European Space Agency. The company also offers vast experience to a huge number of IT and space markets including: central governments, defence organisations, the aerospace industry and commercial companies.
Does working in a Serco environment sound appealing to you?
We would love to hear from you and your interest in the new opportunity of Copernicus System Engineer in Frascati !
Does this vacancy not suit your profile? Not to worry, you can send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org – a member of our Recruitment Team will come back to you shortly after.
Are you looking to secure a career in a public sector environment? We would love to hear from you!
You will be part of the Copernicus Maintenance Team as System Engineer.
The Copernicus Maintenance Team is a dynamic, focused and collaborative group of System/SW engineers managing system design, development, integration and validation activities. The Team maintains and evolve all systems at the basis of the Copernicus services managed by Serco Italia for the European Space Agency.
The primary task for this position is the support to design and implementation of End to End solutions for operational systems. This may cover all areas of the system engineering, such as:
- Support the definition and implementation of technical solutions for systems operating in the frame of the Copernicus Ground Segment;
- Contribute to corrective and evolutive maintenance by designing and implementing SW changes on existing applications;
- Support system integration activities;
- Prepare technical Reviews of proposed solution for internal approval;
- Contribute to the preparation of technical documentation including System Design Documents and Technical Notes;
- Evaluate technical proposals provided by partners to verify suitability for the operational environment
In return, we offer a friendly, supportive and professional environment that respects your work/life balance and ultimately contributes to the delivery of public services in Italy and around the world.
- Capability of writing technical documentation;
- Good knowledge in Linux Operating Systems (e.g. RedHat)
- Good knowledge in programming languages (e.g., Python. Java);
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
- Knowledge of Database Management Systems (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL) is an asset.
- Master's degree or equivalent qualification in science or engineering is required.
- Ability to work autonomously and under strict schedule
- Problem-solving and creativity-oriented attitude
- Very good user liaison capability and team-player spirit
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Joining Serco Italy’s amazing team offers:
- Competitive Salary
- Great career opportunities in the Space industry
- Competitive Salary
- Corporate Benefits Package
- Exciting relocation package (if applicable)
- Company events
- International environment
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 60,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco European Agencies