Copernicus Operations Engineer
At Serco, we strive to promote and enable the diversity, development, wellbeing and safety of our people. We understand that healthier, happier employees go hand-in-hand with strong business performance, enhanced productivity and better outcomes for those we serve. We want everybody who works for Serco to have a positive experience and access to opportunities to develop in their chosen careers.
Dedicated to the European Space Agency’s Earth-observing activities, ESA-ESRIN is the European centre of excellence for exploitation of Earth observation missions. The mission and payload operations of ESA's Earth observation satellites are managed here, and ESRIN is the primary source for the acquisition, distribution, and exploitation of data from these and other non-ESA satellites.
Serco Italy has a long history of providing Earth Observation operations, maintenance and front-end services to ESA. To provide continual service improvement, Serco has recently introduced a special focus on evolution and innovation, with the aim of supporting ESA in further evolving the services and products.
Does working in a Serco environment sound appealing to you?
We would love to hear from you and your interest in the new opportunity of Copernicus Operations Engineer in Frascati !
Does this vacancy not suit your profile? Not to worry, you can send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org – a member of our Recruitment Team will come back to you shortly after.
Are you looking to secure a career in a public sector environment? We would love to hear from you!
You will be part of Serco Copernicus Engineering Operations. You be involved in the operational management of our services, which include the Sentinels Rolling Archive data dissemination Service, the Sentinels Production Service and our DIAS Platform, ONDA.
Main tasks are:
- Monitor the services functionalities and perform regular maintenance activities.
- Manage service incidents and anomalies
- Analysis and troubleshooting of the systems behaviour and performances
- Generation and maintenance of Operational Procedures and work instructions.
- Technical support to the review and/or preparation of the services documentation.
- Participate to service evolution initiatives supporting prototyping and design.
- Extraction of service statistics and generation of Operational Reports and Service Performance Reports.
- Support the update of web contents (e.g. user guides, news publication, service web portals)
- Support testing and verification activities.
- Support the configuration control and definition of the network interfaces.
- Support to the help desk for replying to operational engineering issues.
- Interfacing with other groups (software development teams, infrastructure team, ESA PDGS teams, Copernicus SCI team).
In return, we offer a friendly, supportive and professional environment that respects your work/life balance and ultimately contributes to the delivery of public services in Italy and around the world.
- Good knowledge in Linux Operating Systems (e.g. RedHat)
- Good Knowledge of Linux shell scripting.
- Good Knowledge of Database Management Systems (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL).
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
- Ability to work in a team and to share and acquire knowledge
- Proactive problem solving attitude
- Knowledge of Earth Observation satellite data product formats.
- Knowledge of remote sensing algorithms
- Knowledge of Copernicus program
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Joining Serco Italy’s amazing team offers:
- Competitive Salary
- Great career opportunities in the Space industry
- Competitive Salary
- Corporate Benefits Package
- Exciting relocation package (if applicable)
- Company events
- International environment
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco European Agencies