We have an exciting (and challenging) opening for a Controller in Noordwijk.
Dynamic, Energetic, Entrepreneurial, Highly Motivated, Resilient … If this describes you then we would love to hear from you :)
Discover the offer below and click on ‘Apply’ if you know that your skillset and talents are a suitable match for this opportunity.
- Serco – The employer of choice for a career within the Space Sector.
Serco are a trusted provider of services to National Space Agencies and the European Space Agency (ESA), we have over 40 years’ experience supporting the space sector and providing services for all stages of our customer’s space missions.
- Join our community of space specialists across Europe
We are proud to support the European institutional Space landscape: Serco boasts an extensive network of Space professionals located at our offices in Darmstadt, Noordwijk, Frascati, Paris and Madrid, all within close proximity of our two largest space sector customers, European Space Agency/European Space Operations Centre (ESA/ESOC) and European Organisation for the Exploitation of Meteorological Satellites (EUMETSAT).
- Supporting Women in Aerospace
Diversity and Inclusion is extremely important to us. Supporting women's opportunities, development and visibility in the space sector is key and that is why we are proud members and supporters of Women in Aerospace Europe, a dynamic and global network supporting women's careers in Aerospace.
As Controller you will be assigned to the Financial Management Section of
the Directorate of Technology, Engineering & Quality (D/TEC)concentrate your activities on the following:
- Coordination and consolidation of in-year and multiyear resource plans;
- Multi-year analysis, historical trends;
- Proactive Programme/Project controlling, analysis and reporting;
- Interfacing with counterparts in other Directorates, such as finance/corporate controllers/project controllers, as well as within D/TEC;
- Interfacing with Directorate’s Business Controller Administration Managers;
- EC FP7/H2020 reporting;
- Third Party Activities;
- Monitoring and control of Service Level Agreement;
- Proactively contributing to the definition, implementation and improvement of management support processes, methods and tools;
- Contributing to the multiyear performance assessment and specific analysis of the Directorate;
- Supporting colleagues in the team to ensure smooth operations and continuous high standard of service to internal and external customers.
Do you think you are the person we are looking for? See below what experience or knowledge you should bring:
- University degree (Bachelor) from a recognised Institution of secondary studies or equivalent qualification in Business Administration (or Communications as relevant), with minimum 2 years of relevant experience.
- You should possess excellent analytical and reporting skills with
the ability to manage large and complex data sets.
- The ability to synthesize complex information.
- Excellent interpersonal skills demonstrating a balance of assertiveness
with the ability to work well in a team environment.
- A results-oriented and proactive approach.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills and be client focused.
- Proven ability to work autonomously, whilst being a cooperative team
player in a diverse and international team.
- SAP and IPSAS knowledge is considered a distinct asset for the
- Experience in creation and development of Tableau dashboards.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
What we offer if you join our amazing team:
• Competitive Salary
• Corporate Benefits Package
• Support provided to EU Nationals requiring relocation – Information available upon request
• Company events
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 60,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco European Agencies