Contracting Assistant (Secret Level/EU Security Clearance)
Serco is a specialist at delivering vital services on behalf of European, National and Local Governments.
Serco Europe employ’s a large workforce in Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Spain, Italy and the UK.
Our European operations have ca. 2,000 employees delivering critical services to public institutions throughout Europe.
For one of our prestigious customer we are looking for: Contracting Assistant
Checking the incoming requests against the internal Agency policies and regulations
• Maintaining the Acquisition Data base
• Distributing the Purchase Orders to the vendors and keeping a professional relationship with their account managers
• Cross-referencing the invoices against the Purchase Orders
• Receipting PO/Invoices in CNAFS and maintaining collaboration with Financial department
• Creating new vendors in the Core Financial System and CNAFS
• Preparing and processing Task Orders
• Requesting formal quotations from potential vendors
• Responsible for all post contract award, contract administration actions, including processing changes to contracts, payments, claims, contract close out and maintaining contract files
The Ideal Candidate
• Vocational training at a higher administrative level, or equivalent combination of appropriate national qualifications and experience, supplemented by basic level contracting training course;
• At least four years' experience at a responsible level in performing contracting functions including negotiating, evaluating and awarding contracts;
• Knowledge of competitive and sole source procurement procedures, price analysis techniques, contract law, contract administration and industrial practices;
• Experience working independently or supervising a staff of personnel;
• Prior experience of working in an international environment comprising both military and civilian elements;
• Knowledge of Customer responsibilities and organization, including ACO and ACT Ability to work responsibly and independently;
• Education o r special training in business administration or law
• Business acumen, judgment, character and reputation
• CNAFS and CFS experience highly desired
• The incumbent should possess the personal qualities of tact, judgement and adaptability as well as good political awareness and motivational and listening skills. In
addition, a sense of diplomacy and propriety in order to work harmoniously with colleagues and other staff, both civilian and military, from Customer and the Customer nations, as well as with staff from private scientific/industrial organizations is needed
Full details on application - Relocation assistance provided, if applicable.
Please note that this position is also open to freelancers (independent contractors).
About the Company
Serco Services Belgium, part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider. In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services in the IT department with over 220 staff members.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 60,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
Serco European Agencies