We have an exciting (and challenging) opening for a Contract Manager in Darmstadt.
Dynamic, Energetic, Entrepreneurial, Highly Motivated, Resilient … If this describes you then we would love to hear from you :)
Discover the offer below and click on ‘Apply’ if you know that your skillset and talents are a suitable match for this opportunity.
- Serco – The employer of choice for a career within the Space Sector.
Serco are a trusted provider of services to National Space Agencies and the European Space Agency (ESA), we have over 40 years’ experience supporting the space sector and providing services for all stages of our customer’s space missions.
- Join our community of space specialists across Europe
We are proud to support the European institutional Space landscape: Serco boasts an extensive network of Space professionals located at our offices in Darmstadt, Noordwijk, Frascati, Paris and Madrid, all within close proximity of our two largest space sector customers, European Space Agency/European Space Operations Centre (ESA/ESOC) and European Organisation for the Exploitation of Meteorological Satellites (EUMETSAT).
- Supporting Women in Aerospace
Diversity and Inclusion is extremely important to us. Supporting women's opportunities, development and visibility in the space sector is key and that is why we are proud members and supporters of Women in Aerospace Europe, a dynamic and global network supporting women's careers in Aerospace.
As Contract Manager you will concentrate your activities on the following:
Reporting to the German Contract Director, you will undertake the following:
- Operational, contractual and commercial management for the contract(s) as the Company's representative, ensuring quality of service as well as P&L ownership, Contractual business planning and in-contract growth.
- To develop and maintain a network of relationships with the customer/s, potential customers, partners and stakeholders in order to anticipate and meet customers and stakeholders existing and future needs;
- Understand the overall Serco Europe Growth strategy, interlock and collaborate with European colleagues to achieve business goals.
- Lead and support business development activities
- Support the German growth strategy and work closely with the European BD community to qualify and review opportunities and develop new customers
- Lead and drive account management for one or more of our customers
- Support the development of innovative products and services
- Support marketing activities
- Lead, develop and inspire direct reports and cultivate strong, competent and highly engaged teams.
- Ownership on all aspects of service provision & Management of contingencies and emergencies
- Timely production and delivery of monthly governance reports.
- People management, including training/travel planning & management, performance monitoring, periodic assessment and appraisals.
- Quality assurance, environment, health and safety on all contract(s).
- Leading customer service excellence and a continuous improvement culture.
In return, we offer a friendly, supportive and professional environment that respects your work/life balance and ultimately contributes to the delivery of public services in Belgium and around the world.
Do you think you are the person we are looking for? See below what experience or knowledge you should bring:
You should have the following experience and skills.
The following requirements are considered essential:
- University degree, or proven ability to perform the tasks commensurate with such a formal academic qualification.
- Extensive Management experience preferably in the Space and/or Service industry (but not essential).
- Solid business acumen with experience of budget responsibility and business plans
- Ability to influence internal and external stakeholders to deliver positive results.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Conflict management experience/capability.
- The capacity of working in parallel on a high number of tasks in an orderly and disciplined manner.
- PC literacy, especially relevant Office 365 tools
- Excellent command of English, with proven written ability. A working knowledge of German language would be a strong advantage.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
What we offer if you join our amazing team:
• Competitive Salary
• Corporate Benefits Package
• Support provided to EU Nationals requiring relocation – Information available upon request
• Company events
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 60,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco European Agencies