Contract Manager Service Desk
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we doimportant, everyone has an important role to play, fromcaring for vulnerable people to managing complex publicservices.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for deliveringessential public services around the world, we are innovators,committed toredesigning and improving public services for the benefit ofeveryone.
In order to continue to build and grow our business groups, Serco Services GmbH have an excellent opportunity for a Contract Manager to manage a number of existing contracts within our business area Service Desk.
Serco and Proud -Make a difference every day.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Contract Manager Service Desk will be based in Darmstadt and manage several contracts in Darmstadt, Frankfurt and Munich with an ultimate responsibility for currently some 35 staff.
The aim of the Contract Manager is to maximise personal and account performance, by developing individual skills and competence. This is carried out by a mixture of the following objectives:
- Effective management of client relations
- Ability to digest complex operational issues
- Provide Solutions to meet Clients aspirations and values
- Meet Company targets
- Manage contract delivery, in accordance with Corporate and Client strategies and polices ensuring the requirements of the contract are met
- Manage Team Leaders and lead them and their teams to delivery of services
- Monitor performance at all levels including KPIs, efficiency, effectiveness, contractual SLAs and Service outcomes
- Provide an efficient and flexible response to operational issues, in order to maintain levels of service delivery and client satisfaction
- To plan and deliver the recruitment, development and deployment of resources within and across the teams in order to maintain a skilled and effective workforce to meet contractual obligations
- To regularly review the activities of the service in order to ensure the most effective and cost efficient approach is used to deliver the service and meet contractual obligations.
- Proactively review working practice to identify and implement improvements in productivity, quality, service levels and client satisfaction by employing Sercos tools and processes as well as best-practice approaches
- To be cost conscious and ensure efficient resource utilization.
- To interface with internal and external clients in order to ensure contractual obligations are met and client needs are satisfied
- To manage the operational impact of any changes to the proposed service.
- Grow the business
- Work on a variety of projects and make sure they are completed in a timely manner and following assigned budgets
- Responsible for contract close-out, extension and renewal
- Nurture customer relationship, negotiating contracts, managing tenders, and assessing customer needs
- Draft, evaluate, negotiate and execute contracts
- Communicate contractual changes to all stakeholders
- Resolve any contract-related issues whether internally or externally
- Partner with a variety of business support functions, including customer care, sales and labour relations
- Create and maintain procedures for problem resolutions and processes
- Create and implement process improvements to better monitor team productivity and increase customer satisfaction
- Train staff, monitoring expenses, conduct employee appraisals
- Prepare monthly reports
- Escalation management, both internally and externally
- Supervise contract teams, assign tasks
- P&L responsibility for assigned contracts
- Establish and maintain supplier relationships by serving as a single point of contact for contractual matters
- Manage record keeping for all contract-related correspondence and documentation.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate should bring the following skills and experience:
- Experience in a related field that includes Large Scale Customer Contract Centre Operations and /or Services Desk Operations.
- Experience in managing high level client relationships and a natural ability to understand and interpret customer needs.
- Relevant Bachelors Degree required, MBA preferred
- Minimum of five years progressive responsibility with quantifiable results in contract negotiation, administration and/or management
- Demonstrated negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Experience in managing budgets and/or business plans
- Technical proficiency, supervisory skills, leadership, and communication abilities.
- Robust skills in Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to meet project objectives within designated constraints
- Knowledge of client operations
- Commercial awareness
- Contract management experience
- Organizational skills
- Computer competences
- Negotiation and persuasion abilities
- Attention to detail
- Time management
- Problem-solving orientation
- Bi-lingual in English and German language, written and spoken
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Serco is one of the worlds largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services with over 220 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to peoples lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers front-line public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies