Component Engineer (RT-C/TEC-QEC/00662)
Are you proficient in EEE Component electrical measurement techniques? Do you have knowledge of SEM, FIB and x-ray tomography? You could be our new Component Engineer. Come join Serco team at the European Space Agency.
Serco is among the leading Space Industry and Services Companies. We have over 40 years’ experience in supporting the space sector: Since the creation of the European Space Agency (ESA), our employees have been providing everyday their technical, scientific and management skills to support the full range of European cornerstone space missions.
The Component Engineer position is for a EEE Component Engineer.
This role involves:
- Extensive work to be performed in the ESTEC EEE Component Laboratory. Thus, expertise in the field of Passive Components, Discrete Semiconductors for RF and non-RF, Complex Microcircuits for Digital, Analog, Mixed Signal and Microwave, Hybrid Technology, Micro packaging, Optoelectronics (proficiency in at least 4 of the previous 12 categories is preferred)
- General component laboratory practices is mandatory
In specific the successful candidate will be responsible of the below tasks:
- Provide expertise in the field of Passive Components, Discrete Semiconductors for RF and non-RF, Complex Microcircuits for Digital, Analog, Mixed Signal and Microwave, Hybrid Technology, Micro packaging, Optoelectronics and Micro-/Nano-Systems (proficiency in at least 4 out of the previous 12 categories is required).
- Carry out Failure Analysis tasks and other analysis tasks as required.
- Prepare reports on the analysis tasks as required.
- Support and advice concerning the performance of analysis tasks sub-contracted to external laboratories.
- Provide related technical support on EEE components to ESA projects and other D/TEC divisions in the area of hybrid technology.
- Provide technical assistance in the definition and to the management of ESA Technology programmes in the field of hybrid technology.
- Provide technical input to the formulation, review and maintenance of the technical standards and specifications relating to the evaluation and capability approval of hybrid manufacturers.
- Provide technical assistance in the formulation and monitoring of Capability Approval programmes for hybrid manufacturers.
- Support ISO certification activities
Do you think you are the person we are looking for? See below what experience or knowledge you should bring:
- PhD or Msc in Electrical Engineering, Physics or related specialization
- Proficiency in EEE Component electrical measurement techniques is required
- Knowledge of SEM, FIB and x-ray tomography is advantageous
- Additionally, auditing of component manufacturers is advantageous
- A good command of the English language is necessary
What we offer if you join our amazing team:
- Competitive Salary
- Corporate Benefits Package
- Exciting relocation package (if applicable)
- Company events
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries. In Europe, Serco supports governments and international organisations in the delivery of essential public services with operations in Belgium, France and French Guyana, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service and to keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play. We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
If you share our values and want to join a team of over 50,000 passionate colleagues globally we want to hear from you.
Make a difference every day.
Serco European Agencies