Change and Configuration Management Engineer
Serco is a specialist at delivering vital services on behalf of European, National and Local Governments.
Serco Europe employ’s a large workforce in Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Spain, Italy and the UK.
Our European operations have ca. 2,000 employees delivering critical services to public institutions throughout Europe.
For our activities in EUMETSAT, we are currently looking for Change and Configuration Management Engineer on a permanent contract.
The key person will:
- Identify and record the documents, software items and hardware items to be under configuration control according to the applicable procedures and contribute to the release of relevant change and configuration lists and reports;
- Organise the Anomaly and Change/Configuration Control Board meetings by preparing, convening the meetings, analysing the proposed changes, preparing the relevant Minutes of Meeting when requested, and notifying the internal and external entities as necessary;
- Follow up end-to-end the applicable anomaly and change processes with the related action items, to ensure timely information availability on the status of anomalies and changes to management;
- Follow-up end-to-end software, hardware and document deployments on controlled systems and facilities: check completeness and consistency of the deployment requests being raised, check related approvals are timely performed, follow-up any updates, track overdue actions, check readiness for closure…
- Follow-up Verification / Validation Test Reports on controlled systems and facilities.
- Keep up-to-date the CM database in order to produce CSARs (Configuration Status Accounting Reports) by identifying, relating and tracking versions of hardware items, software items and documentation for all the baselines;
- Verify the hardware and software configuration status by performing configuration audits and inspections;
- Contribute to project and programme reviews for change and configuration management aspects;
- Contribute to the definition and implementation of change and configuration management requirements;
- Contribute to the advertisement and continuous improvements of applicable EUMETSAT CM processes, procedures, guidelines;
- Contribute to the provision of training and coaching sessions to users and stakeholders;
- Contribute to the specification and production of CM metrics.
- Perform administration tasks on the CM tool.
- Attend any relevant regular coordination meetings, report on the progress of assigned actions, raise issues requiring management attention, and exchange with other CM members on respective experiences and best solutions to address common issues.
The Ideal Candidate
Has expertise in:
- Expert knowledge and at least 5 years of practical experience in conducting and implementing change and configuration management activities on large scale software-centred systems in a development or operational environment, preferably for high-availability (24h/day or real time) systems like e.g. processing/production chains, data centres or satellite systems;
- Knowledge of a Configuration Management, Quality Assurance or Project Management standard (e.g. ISO, ITIL, ANSI, ECSS, CMMI);
- Practical experience in specifying or reviewing change and configuration management plans, processes and working practices;
- Knowledge and practical experience with at least one change and configuration management tool (e.g. Serena Dimensions CM, Jira, Clearcase, Remedy, SBM…);
- Knowledge and proven experience with project development methodologies, in particular on change and configuration management including the definition or review of upstream source code configuration management requirements, control of configuration evolutions of systems (e.g. software, hardware, databases, satellite and ground system procedures, documents, media, COTS software, COTS licences...), up to testing activities and deployment of new releases on configuration controlled environments;
- Experience in software programming;
- Experience in providing training sessions to a wide range of users and stakeholders.
- have demonstrated very good communication and team working skills;
- be able to conduct all activities in an orderly and disciplined manner, in particular when applying and supporting EUMETSAT Change and Configuration management processes and working practices;
- have demonstrated very good skills in timely and accurately documenting all his artefacts; be able to work calmly under stress without supervision.
Any experience in the following would be of great value:
- Experience acquired in the frame of European or International space projects;
- Administration of a change and configuration management or a business process management tool;
- SQL programming;
- Programming with a scripting language such as perl, python or vb.net;
Highly competitive salary
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services with over 220 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies