Cabling Engineer - Luxembourg
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators,committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Cabling & Patching Engineer in Luxembourg
- Cabling to the different networks according to the cabling guidelines available, especially in Telecom Centre and Data Centres. Report of any discrepancy
- Preventive maintenance
- On site Incident management
- On-site tests
- Installation of Wi-Fi services according to the agreed plans
Network port configuration
- Test cable and ensure accuracy of cable testing
- Test, troubleshoot, and resolve issues with cable faults
- Telephony and data network patching in user offices
- You hold a Bachelor in IT or have equivalent knowledge by experience
- You have previous working experience within a Data Center
- You have good knowledge of data center best practices and industry standards - hot and cold aisles, cooling, power, security, health and safety, etc.
- You know how to install and maintain copper and fiber structured cabling systems
- You have a good knowledge of IT equipment and their components including server, switch and blade technology
- You have an understanding of the Data Center environment, and the working restrictions applicable to such environments
- You are familiar with the use of Microsoft Office applications
- You have a good understanding of fault diagnostic techniques including the use of handheld test equipment
Permanent contract and attractive package
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services with over 220 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies