CMEMS Operation Engineer
Serco is a specialist at delivering vital services on behalf of European, National and Local Governments.
Serco Europe employ’s a large workforce in Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Spain, Italy and the UK.
Our European operations have ca. 2,000 employees delivering critical services to public institutions throughout Europe.
Serco’s space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies - We work alongside EUMETSAT and the European Space Agency, where we are the largest on-site service provider with ca. 300 staff.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 60,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you.
The job holder will be part of CMEMS Operations Team, and will be involved in the Operational activities for monitoring and maintaining a data dissemination Service.
Main tasks are:
• Configuration, setup and integration of dissemination chain modules
• Development of tools/scripts able to monitor and handle the data dissemination flow
• Linux/unix shell scripting for maintenance and operation activities
• Support to testing and verification activities
• Execution of regular maintenance activities
• Realtime monitoring and control of the end toend dissemination chains
• Execution of Transfer to Operations of service applications
• Management of service incidents and anomalies
• Update of Operational Procedures
• First and Second level of Help desk technical support
• Extraction of service statistics and generation Operational Reports
• IT Service Infrastructure housekeeping
The Ideal Candidate
For this position the ideal candidate will have good knowledge of:
• Unix/Linux O.S. and native shell scripting
• Knowledge of HaProxy, ftp and product data flow management
• Java and python programming is an asset
• Knowledge of Earth Observation data products.
• Knowledge of Marine/Ocean Data Products is and asset.
• Ability to work in a team and to share and acquire knowledge
• Proactive problem solving attitude
• Good communications skills in English (spoken, written) and possibly good knowledge of Italian
• Proactive approach to problem identification and resolution
• Take full responsibility for the successful conclusion of the activities and success-oriented
• Availability to travel within Europe to attend meetings
If candidates with equally relevant experience are identified, preference will be given to candidates within "Categorie Protette (Law 68/99)" or registered in “lista di mobilità” (only applicable in case of Italian candidates).
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Full details on application.
About the Company
Serco Italia Spa, part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider with over 50,000 employees worldwide.
Serco European Agencies