Business Systems Analyst
Serco is a partner of choice to the European Institutions and other International Organisations. For the past 30 years, we have been providing European and International Organisations a wide range of services including ICT services in support, infrastructure, operations and development as well as managing different contact centres for the key European Institutions, agencies and organisations, in Brussels and across Europe.
What connects the ever-growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service –
To keep ahead, we have to evolve continually and enhance the way we deliver our services. Everyone in Serco has a role to play, here.
Serco provides the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
We’re looking for a Business Systems Analyst, to reinforce the team in our Brussels Office.
Reporting to the Head of MI, the Business and Systems Analyst is responsible for assessing the business model and its integration with technology; essentially acting as a bridge between the business problems and the technical solution. The role involves understanding business requirements which clearly address business needs and align with business processes.
Where applicable, the individual will be required to analyse, translate and ultimately resolve business problems with the help of technology. There will be a requirement to assess the suitability of current information systems in terms of their intended outcomes and play a key role in the implementation of new Information Systems.
The Business Systems Analyst must be able to identify and analyse areas for improvement and define the requirements of a solution. The Business Systems Analyst should be able to help stakeholders formulate a route from where the business is today, to where it needs to be in the future. Essentially, the role is to help stakeholders who have a problem, to understand the problem, formulate the requirements and deliver the solution.
The individual needs to be an excellent stakeholder manager who can orchestrate and implement change.
We look forward to meeting you! Discover the offer below and click on ‘Apply’ if you know that your skillset and talents are a suitable match for this opportunity.
Are you looking to secure a career in a public sector environment? We would love to hear from you!
As Business Systems Analyst you will be responsible for:
- Understanding business needs as they relate to a business change or transformation
- Eliciting, validating and documenting business and technical requirements.
- Produce detailed User Stories that offer a description of the situation, identify the scenario, document the business requirements and specify the necessary acceptance criteria
- Explaining technical jargon to non-technical/commercial teams
- Proactively communicate with external and internal stakeholders to analyse information needs, functional requirements and business processes
- Collaborate with technical architects to understand technology limitations and recommend development options to meet business needs
- Model and map as-is and to-be business processes with associated gap analysis and improvements to systems
- Run workshops and training sessions
- Contribute to training and support for people affected by new systems and processes
- Work with internal development teams to oversee the implementation of new technology and systems
In return, we offer a friendly, supportive and professional environment that respects your work/life balance and ultimately contributes to the delivery of public services in Belgium and around the world.
Essential technical and professional skills, knowledge and qualifications
- A recognised qualification in Business Analysis, preferably certified through the BCS
- Confidence working with complex data and systems
- A firm understanding of business analysis in practice, requirements engineering and modelling business processes
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work with people at all levels of an organisation
- An understanding of how IT can be used to resolve problems
- An understanding of systems architecture and the human interaction with the components of the system
- Time management and organisational skills
- A self-starter with the ability to work in a fast paced, changing environment
Additional/special features of the role
The role requires the individual to have had previous experience in a similar or related role.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Support provided to EU Nationals requiring relocation – Information available upon request
And the chance to make a positive difference in a company passionate about diversity and inclusion.
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 60,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco European Agencies