Business Analyst (Space Sector)
Are you willing to join a multi-cultural Team in Prague ? We are recruiting our future Business Analyst (Space Sector) :)
Formerly known as GSA, EUSPA is a future agency of the European Union, based on the existing European GNSS Agency with enlarged responsibilities. EUSPA will be in charge of ensuring the provision of Galileo, EGNOS services, the market uptake for the EU satellite navigation services and the Earth observation system (Copernicus) as well as the operational security aspects security and security accreditation of the different components of the EU Space Programme, including GOVSATCOM and SSA.
Are you looking to secure a career in a public sector environment? We would love to hear from you!
The Business Analyst reports to the ICT Capacity Development Team Leader or his assignee. The Business Analyst tasks and responsibilities shall in principle include (without limitation) and subject to adjustment by his/her line manager:
- Act as an interface between users and software developers (and the assigned project managers), translate user needs into software specs and vice versa, from programmers’ language to user terms and understanding
- Review, analyse and evaluate existing and desired business systems and processes and user needs. Document requirements, define scope and objectives for projects delivering the solutions
- Input – interaction with users
- Determine operational objectives by studying business functions; gathering information; evaluating output requirements and formats
- Construct workflow charts and diagrams; studying system capabilities; writing specifications
- Output – specifications for application design and development
- Writes Term of Reference for implementation contracts
- Identification of possible/recommended development phases/milestones
- Qualified estimate of effort (man-days) and cost (budget for the development)
- Supervise the execution of the development projects, make sure they do not deviate from the specs
- Evaluate the fulfilment of the documented requirements throughout the projects – represent the users in interaction with the developers
- Conduct and coordinate financial, product, market, operational and related research to support strategic and business planning
- Understand and communicate the financial and operational impact of any changes; supervise the implementation of agreed changes
- What is stated above about ‘development’, applies also to implementation or customization of COTS solutions
- In principle, the BA may be involved in the assessment of any non-trivial business requests coming to ITF
* This role is not limited to software projects.
In return, we offer a friendly, supportive and professional environment that respects your work/life balance and ultimately contributes to the delivery of public services in Czech Republic and around the world.
- Fluent English
- Detail oriented, deep analytical and critical thinking
- Appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience
- Capable of using all BA techniques and creating all BA prototypes
- Able to agree with users on the user interface and application control flows
- Knowledge of cloud microservice concepts (PaaS, M365)
- Familiar with relational database concepts and client-server concepts.
- Big picture thinking (what is around, history, what is next)
- Ability to recognize what matters most and filter out marginal issues
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team. who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 60,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco European Agencies