Business Analyst (9035, L5)
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators,committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Business Analyst based in Brussels.
Description of tasks:
The recruited candidate will work as member of the c-LISO team, focusing on supporting and implementing structural improvements regarding the delivery of the services.
The latter entails the definition of new processes, the maintenance and enrichment of a knowledge management tool, the measurement of delivery metrics, categorisation of requests, identification of efficiency gain methods and any improvement for the operational management of the team and its service continuity.
The following tasks shall be covered by the service contract:
a) c-LISO services development:
- Participate in the efforts towards developing and improving the service in its growing scope and coverage among the Commission departments.
- Perform analysis, design and implementation of the workflow and organisational processes for the functioning of the c-LISO Team, the service delivery to the client DGs and the interaction with the related ;
- Assessment of the level of the implementation of security processes, contribution to defining associated indicators, dashboards and reporting;
- Contribution to the initiatives facilitating the adoption and implementation of the processes and methodologies among the stakeholders (presentations, targeted consultancy sessions, case-specific hands-on assistance sessions);
b) Knowledge sharing and Awareness Raising
- Maintain knowledge management base and the c-LISO collaborative tools;
- Propose, define and contribute to the dissemination of relevant IT security information within the c-LISO team, the LISO network and in the Commission (Website, WIKI, FAQ,…);
- Support the organisation of simulated phishing campaigns from the acquisition, configuration and operation of the relevant tool to the coordination of the campaigns and communication of results.
Qualifications and experience required:
Suitability of applicants will be assessed against the following criteria in the selection procedure:
Professional experience and knowledge
- University Degree or equivalent in an area relevant to the job duties;
- At least 3 (three) years of professional experience in a relevant position within an IT Service organisation, IT security, risk management, IT consultancy or IT audit, or an area of relevance to the aforementioned duties;
- The candidate must hold a security clearance at SECRET-EU level or be in a position to be security cleared
- Strong drafting and communication skills in English both orally and in writing (level C1);
- Self-motivated and autonomous, with ability to manage and follow up on multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Strong analytical skills, ability to approach problems from multiple angles and find creative solutions;
- Ability to produce well written documents, presentations and to engage with stakeholders;
- Proven capacity to analyse complex information, to consider options in clear and structured way, to propose and implement recommendations and to make sound decisions;
- Ability to work effectively with team members and with customers;
- Ability to work under pressure and with tight deadlines, to make timely decisions, to reprioritize tasks responding to changes in a rapidly evolving work environment;
- Ability to develop and set up processes and structures across various fields of activities;
- Strong ability to learn and apply new/emerging technologies.
- Experience with IT Security management and/or operations;
- Experience with IT Service Management (ITSM) processes, methodology and tooling implementation;
- Familiarity with the European public administration, European Union or international environment;
- Knowledge of the EU security regulatory framework;
- Certification, practical knowledge of or work experience with the ISO 270xx series and other information security/cyber security frameworks (e.g. COBIT, PCI, NIST);
- Knowledge or certification in IT management such as ITIL, PRINCE2 or PM².
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services with over 220 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies