Business Analyst (2428, L2)
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators,committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Business Analyst, based in Brussels.
Nature of tasks
- Analysis of business requirements
- Business model analysis
- Business process analysis and modelling
- Assistance in producing formal project documents (e.g. vision documents)
- Mapping of business processes to existing IMI functionality
- Collaborating with policy units and external actors and stakeholders concerning existing and potential policy areas
- Preparation of reports and delivery of presentations on the suitability of IMI for particular administrative procedures / new policy areas
- Agreeing and specifying new functionality and new features
- Ensuring the quality of deliverables and software releases
- Delivering general presentations on IMI capabilities
The Ideal Candidate
Knowledge and skills
The following knowledge and skills are required:
- Good knowledge of information systems matters
- Good knowledge of analysis/modelling tools and techniques (use case diagram, state diagram, entity relationship model etc.)
- Good knowledge of BPMN or UML or other equivalent
- Knowledge of software development methodologies (ideally RUP, Agile)
- Strong capacity in writing business analysis in English
- Capacity to speak to business and technical audiences
- Strong capacity to deliver high level presentations
- Ability to apply high quality standards
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English.
- Excellent oral and written communication in English
Analysis experience in the context of public administration procedures would be considered a plus.
- Minimum 7 years of IT professional experience
- Minimum 6 years analysis of business requirements for IT systems
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in business process analysis
- Proven experience in producing high quality reports, studies and other analysis materials in English
- Proven experience with quality and security procedures
- Very good experience with web applications
- Very good experience working directly with business partners
- Minimum 6 years in functional design of information systems with modelling tools (e.g. UML);
- Minimum 3 years' experience in project methodologies (e.g. RUP);
- Minimum 3 years of experience with business analysis tools
- Minimum 3 years' experience in the interoperability of systems and data exchange
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to analyse complex systems and documents
- Ability to follow and interpret Internal procedures and standards
- Ability to work with imposed deadlines
- Ability to work independently on specific tasks while at the same time functioning as a member of a project team.
- Fluency in English
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services with over 220 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies