Business Analyst (2428, L2)
Serco is a specialist at delivering vital services on behalf of European, National and Local Governments.
Serco Europe employ’s a large workforce in Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Spain, Italy and the UK.
Our European operations have ca. 2,000 employees delivering critical services to public institutions throughout Europe.
For one of our Customer, a European Institution we are looking for a Business Analyst with at least 7 years of relevant work experience.
Nature of tasks
- Analysis of business requirements
- Business model analysis
- Business process analysis and modelling
- Assistance in producing formal project documents (e.g. vision documents)
- Mapping of business processes to existing IMI functionality
- Collaborating with policy units and external actors and stakeholders concerning existing and potential policy areas
- Preparation of reports and delivery of presentations on the suitability of
- IMI for particular administrative procedures / new policy areas
- Agreeing and specifying new functionality and new features
- Ensuring the quality of deliverables and software releases
- Delivering general presentations on IMI capabilities
The Ideal Candidate
Knowledge and skills
The following knowledge and skills are required:
- Good knowledge of information systems matters
- Good knowledge of analysis/modelling tools and techniques (use case diagram, state diagram, entity relationship model etc.)
- Good knowledge of BPMN or UML or other equivalent
- Knowledge of software development methodologies (ideally RUP, Agile)
- Strong capacity in writing business analysis in English
- Capacity to speak to business and technical audiences
- Strong capacity to deliver high level presentations
- Ability to apply high quality standards
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English.
- Excellent oral and written communication in English
Analysis experience in the context of public administration procedures would be considered a plus.
- Minimum 7 years of IT professional experience
- Minimum 6 years analysis of business requirements for IT systems
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in business process analysis
- Proven experience in producing high quality reports, studies and other analysis materials in English
- Proven experience with quality and security procedures
- Very good experience with web applications
- Very good experience working directly with business partners
- Minimum 6 years in functional design of information systems with modelling tools (e.g. UML);
- Minimum 3 years' experience in project methodologies (e.g. RUP);
- Minimum 3 years of experience with business analysis tools
- Minimum 3 years' experience in the interoperability of systems and data exchange
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to analyse complex systems and documents
- Ability to follow and interpret Internal procedures and standards
- Ability to work with imposed deadlines
- Ability to work independently on specific tasks while at the same time functioning as a member of a project team.
- Fluency in English
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Full details on application - Relocation assistance provided, if applicable.
Please note that this position is also open to freelancers (independent contractors).
About the Company
Serco’s heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Top 50 Services for Governments Companies.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you.
Serco European Agencies