Business Analyst (15195, L0)
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators,committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Business Analyst, based in Brussels.
You will be responsible for:
- Manage the design and implementation of technical support projects in the field of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) to meet identified business needs, acquiring and utilising the necessary resources and skills, within agreed parameters of cost, timescales, and quality
- Participate in functional working groups and progress meetings.
- Give advice about costs estimation, timescales and resource requirements for the successful completion of each project to agreed terms of reference.
- Track activities against the plan, provide regular and accurate reports.
- Supervise and give advice about:
o Business model analysis
o Business process analysis
o Analysis of Business requirements
o Assistance in Vision documents
o Business processes modelling
o Functional requirements and business cases analysis
o Risk analysis
You should have:
- The experience stated in the framework contract for the requested profile.
- Experience in working in international institutions.
- Management of IT projects.
- Expertise in Requirements Management and estimation.
- Proactive attitude, communicative (i.e. good listener) and customer-orientation
- Good knowledge of information systems matters to assist with the implementation of public policies.
- Good knowledge of project management
- Good knowledge of the review and redesign of business processes of large administrations
- Good knowledge of analysis/modelling tools and techniques (use case diagram, state diagram, entity relationship model etc.)
- Good knowledge of BPMN or UML or other with equivalent value
- Knowledge of methodologies (e.g. PM2, Agile etc.)
- Strong capacity in preparing and writing business analysis
- Capability to speak to business and technical audiences
- Strong capacity to give high level presentations
- Ability to apply high quality standards
- Ability to participate in multi-lingual meetings, excellent communicator
- Capability of working in an international/ multicultural environment.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team. who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco European Agencies