Business Analyst (14531, L1)
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators,committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Business Analyst, based in Brussels.
The key person will be responsible for:
- Works closely and cooperatively with the business to understand business needs and as-is and to-be business processes.
- Working closely and cooperatively with the CECIS team to understand CECIS functionalities, processes and interdependencies.
- Draft Business Case, business processes and user requirements.
- Where needed, the BA should also be able to provide recommendations to enhance business processes and outcomes.
- Ensures interoperability between the different systems used in Civil Protection directorates (CECIS, ERCC Portal, Knowledge Network tool, e-Grants, Business Objects, Sharepoint, ABAC, ARES…).
- Ensures appropriate security levels for different data stored in the system and different user access according to the roles.
- Ensures that the system can be easily adapted to the desired range of function by setting parameters without the intervention of IT developers.
- Ensures a proper and easy process of reporting and reports properly on the key performing indicators.
- Communication of business requirements to the technical team using an agile methodology.
- Develop stories for hand over to the development team.
- Work on impact analysis to come up with a comprehensive result.
- Participation in any training regarding functional area in order to be able to handle modules that will be implemented in the Data Repository.
- Report periodically (daily, weekly, monthly) to the business manager and project manager: problem areas, progress, action need to be done, required stakeholders in the field of assignment.
- It is expected that the Business Analyst works closely with the Business Manager and the Project Manager.
- Document Data Repository system and users manuals in specific areas of expertise to assist current and future user to gain and maintain familiarity with the system. - Provide training and mentoring to technical and process teams and other end users.
The key person should have:
Very good understanding of database concepts Experience in drafting requirements for complex systems,
particularly involving databases or data warehouses
Very good knowledge of BPMN
Experience analysing and enhancing business processes
Very good knowledge of reporting tools
Knowledge and experience with PM2/Prince2
Experience with UML and various Modelling and diagramming
Tools (such as Enterprise Architect)
Experience with agile software development methodologies
Experience with JIRA management software advantageous
Experience with SLA: report on the service and project status
(actions, progress, risks, issues, decisions, changes)
Knowledge of the functioning of the Union Civil Protection
Mechanism is a plus.
Qualification Master Degree and recognised qualification in Informatics and/or Business Analysis
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services with over 220 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies