Biomass System Engineer
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators,committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Biomass System Engineer, based in Frascati (Italy).
The post-holder will focus on the below main responsibilities:
- PDGS system requirements specification
- PDGS architectural design specification
- PDGS sub-systems requirements definition
- PDGS sub-systems Industrial Procurement preparation
- PDGS Integration and Validation specification
- Support to the GS Integration and Validation
- PDGS preparation for Launch
- PDGS Commissioning phase preparation and coordination
- PDGS Operational phase preparation
- PDGS Evolutions specification
The successful Candidate will bring:
- You have a university degree or equivalent qualification, preferably engineer or in Remote Sensing;
- Strong experience on ground segments implementation, in particular on:
- Analysis and definition of PDGS system requirements;
- Design of PDGS system;
- Development of Payload Data Ground Segments sub-systems;
- Definition and execution of system integration, verification and validation activities;
- Analysis and estimation of system performances;
- System and Software anomalies management: reporting, analysis, classification and resolution.
- Project management experience, preferably in the field of Earth Observation Ground Segment Development;
- Knowledge of the ECSS standards and, as an asset, documentation and configuration control management techniques;
- Knowledge of the ESA Earth Explorers missions (and instruments) and processes related to their PDGS development would be an asset;
- Programming skills (in order to develop tools for the accomplishment of the PDGS engineering, testing and validation, etc.) would be an asset
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Make a difference everyday.
At Serco everyone has an important role to play. Take pride in what you do.
What we offer if you join our amazing team:
• Competitive Salary
• Company events
• Performance Management
• International environment
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services with over 220 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies