Biomass Data Processing and Performance Engineer (ESS-A1-V3-2021)
At Serco, we strive to promote and enable the diversity, development, wellbeing and safety of our people. We understand that healthier, happier employees go hand-in-hand with strong business performance, enhanced productivity and better outcomes for those we serve. We want everybody who works for Serco to have a positive experience and access to opportunities to develop in their chosen careers.
Dedicated to the European Space Agency’s Earth-observing activities, ESA-ESRIN is the European centre of excellence for exploitation of Earth observation missions. The mission and payload operations of ESA's Earth observation satellites are managed here, and ESRIN is the primary source for the acquisition, distribution, and exploitation of data from these and other non-ESA satellites.
Serco Italy has a long history of providing Earth Observation operations, maintenance and front-end services to ESA. To provide continual service improvement, Serco has recently introduced a special focus on evolution and innovation, with the aim of supporting ESA in further evolving the services and products.
Does working in a Serco environment sound appealing to you?
We would love to hear from you and your interest in the new opportunity of Biomass Data Processing and Performance Engineer in Frascati !
This activity is intended to support the ESA Biomass Payload Data Ground Segment (PDGS) Project in all tasks related to operational data processors and algorithms, instrument calibration, performance monitoring and data quality.
Does this vacancy not suit your profile? Not to worry, you can send your updated CV to email@example.com – a member of our Recruitment Team will come back to you shortly after.
The scope of the activity encompasses:
- Support to Biomass data processor sub-systems development, validation and testing
- Support to Biomass Mission Performance Monitoring Facility development, validation and testing
- Support to the integration of data processing sub-systems into the PDGS
- Support to the definition of the data quality control and instrument performance monitoring concepts
- Support for processing algorithms definition and review
- Support for calibration strategy definition and review
- Support to products format specification
- Support to Cal/Val activities planning and implementation
- Participation to Ground Segment Reviews and PDGS reviews
- Participation to Mission Advisory Groups (MAG) and Quality Working Groups (QWG)
- Ad-hoc development of tools for the accomplishment of engineering, testing and validation tasks
- Support to overall PDGS and GS Integration and Validation activities.
The support is intended to be provided from phase C/D to phase E1 and possibly during phase E2 of the Mission.
Occasional traveling within EU might be required.
Activity required skills
- University degree or equivalent qualification, preferably in engineering or Remote Sensing
- Knowledge of SAR L1 and L2 processing techniques
- Technical and Operational Requirements specification
- Complex system architecture definition and implementation
- System Validation and Verification
- Operational Validation and Qualification
- Capacity to generate good quality documentation
- Fluent English language (oral and written)
- Autonomy in writing technical notes, specifications and reports
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Joining Serco Italy’s amazing team offers:
- Competitive Salary
- Great career opportunities in the Space industry
- Competitive Salary
- Corporate Benefits Package
- Exciting relocation package (if applicable)
- Company events
- International environment
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco European Agencies