At Serco, we strive to promote and enable the diversity, development, wellbeing and safety of our people. We understand that healthier, happier employees go hand-in-hand with strong business performance, enhanced productivity and better outcomes for those we serve. We want everybody who works for Serco to have a positive experience and access to opportunities to develop in their chosen careers.
Serco Italia S.p.A. is one of the top 50 World Space Manufacturing and Service companies with a long history of providing Earth Observation operations, maintenance and front-end services to the European Space Agency. The company also offers vast experience to a huge number of IT and space markets including: central governments, defence organisations, the aerospace industry and commercial companies.
Does working in a Serco environment sound appealing to you?
We would love to hear from you and your interest in the new opportunity of Bid Manager in Frascati !
The role involves working within the European BD Team to provide dedicated, high-quality support to the central BD team and individual bid teams across the Business Unit. Based mainly in Italy, the role will also involve working with teams based in Belgium, Germany, France, Spain, Holland, Switzerland and others.
This is a key role within the team to ensure that we are in the best position to win good business to grow and develop the company.
Day to day this means working with BD and bid teams to support adequate resourcing, robust governance and the production of winning bids.
This is an opportunity to work in a diverse organisation, in a high-profile, crucially-important role; it also offers opportunities to gain a broad range of experience within the BD and bidding environments.
Does this vacancy not suit your profile? Not to worry, you can send your updated CV to email@example.com – a member of our Recruitment Team will come back to you shortly after.
Are you looking to secure a career in a public sector environment? We would love to hear from you!
As Bid Manager you will be responsible to:
- Manage small to medium-scale bid processes end-to-end, working closely with the European BDD, Head of Bidding and individual bid teams
- Support the management of larger-scale/strategic bids as required, working in collaboration with individual Bid Directors
- Manage physical and virtual bid teams, including securing inputs from key stakeholders, typically involving sales/marketing, technical, finance, commercial and legal colleagues
- Manage/support the bid strategy and production process, from opportunity identification through to submission and follow-up
- Manage/support the governance process for individual bids, working in partnership with the Bid Director (where applicable) and wider bid teams
- Manage/support key stages of the bid process – e.g. production of bid kick-off packs, running win strategy workshops, managing red reviews etc.
- Management and tracking of risks
- Manage individual bid calendars
- Manage individual bid budgets
- Manage the SharePoint site for each specific bid
- Manage bid portals – e.g. uploading clarification questions and circulating responses; uploading bid submissions on time etc.
- Ad hoc bid writing and production tasks as required
- Coordinate and contribute to client presentation/dialogue sessions as required
In return, we offer a friendly, supportive and professional environment that respects your work/life balance and ultimately contributes to the delivery of public services in Italy and around the world.
Essential technical and professional skills, knowledge and qualifications
- Strong intellect
- Accuracy and attention to detail, with excellent organisational skills
- 5 years’ + experience of effectively managing live bids
- Excellent Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
- Capacity to handle demanding and fluctuating workload
- Thoroughness and attention to detail with steadiness under pressure
- Energy and tenacity
- Team player
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to work with a range of people across the business
- Experience of space-sector bids
Additional/special features of the role
- Opportunity to influence and help develop new strategies within the BD/bid functions
- Opportunity to operate individually and within a team
- Opportunities for progression
- Opportunities to work across European, multi-disciplinary bids
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Joining Serco Italy’s amazing team offers:
- Competitive Salary
- Great career opportunities in the Space industry
- Competitive Salary
- Corporate Benefits Package
- Exciting relocation package (if applicable)
- Company events
- International environment
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco European Agencies