Serco is a partner of choice to the European Institutions and other International Organisations. For the past 30 years, we have been providing European and International Organisations a wide range of services including ICT services in support, infrastructure, operations and development as well as managing different contact centres for the key European Institutions, agencies and organisations, in Brussels and across Europe.
What connects the ever-growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service –
To keep ahead, we have to evolve continually and enhance the way we deliver our services. Everyone in Serco has a role to play, here.
Serco provides the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
Does working in a Serco environment sound appealing to you?
We would love to hear from you and your interest in the new opportunity of a Bid Coordinator !
The role involves working within the European Bidding Team to provide dedicated, high-quality support to the central Growth team and individual bid teams across the Business Unit, working with colleagues based in Belgium, Italy, Germany, France, Spain, Netherlands, Switzerland, Czechia and others.
This is a key role, helping to ensure that we are in the best position to win good business to grow and develop the company.
Day to day this means working with BD and bid teams to support excellent project management, robust governance and the production of winning bids.
This is an opportunity to work in a diverse organisation, in a high-profile, crucially-important role; it also offers opportunities to gain a broad range of experience within varied bidding environments.
As Bid Coordinator you will be responsible for:
- Support the governance process for individual bids, working in partnership with Bid Managers and wider bid teams
- Support individual bid management and governance processes as required, including
- Support with booking and managing meetings – e.g. governance sign-offs, challenge/review sessions etc.
- Contributing to key stages of the bid process – e.g. production of bid kick-off packs, managing document reviews etc.
- Helping to manage bid programmes and timelines.
- Help to manage individual bid resourcing and budgets in partnership with Bid Managers
- Manage the SharePoint site for each specific bid
- Manage bid portals – e.g. clarification questions; bid submission uploads etc.
- Contribute to ad hoc bid writing, management and production tasks as required
- Develop/maintain expertise in bid processes, through liaison with the central team, Sector and Functional colleagues
- Provide general support to the team as required (e.g. organisation of events, travel etc.)
In return, we offer a friendly, supportive and professional environment that respects your work/life balance and ultimately contributes to the delivery of public services in Belgium and around the world.
- Experience of effective working on live bids
- Good understanding of public procurement processes, rules and portals
- Accuracy and attention to detail, with excellent organisational skills
- Excellent Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
- Fluent English – any other European language is a strong asset
- Capacity to handle demanding and fluctuating workload
- Thoroughness and attention to detail with steadiness under pressure
- Energy and tenacity
- Team player
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to work with a range of people
- Demonstrable track record of innovative thinking
- Implementation of new processes and systems
Additional / special features of the role:
- Opportunity to influence and help develop new processes within the BD/bid functions
- Opportunity to operate individually and within a team
- Capacity to develop management and commercial skills
- Opportunities for progression
- Opportunities to work across European, multi-disciplinary bids
Joining Serco amazing team offers:
- Competitive Salary
- Great career opportunities
- Corporate Benefits Package
- International environment
- Possible hybrid work
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 60,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
For more information on how the personal data in your application is process, please see the link Data Protection policy here.
Serco European Agencies