At Serco, we strive to promote and enable the diversity, development, wellbeing and safety of our people. We understand that healthier, happier employees go hand-in-hand with strong business performance, enhanced productivity and better outcomes for those we serve. We want everybody who works for Serco to have a positive experience and access to opportunities to develop in their chosen careers.
Serco Italia S.p.A. is one of the top 50 World Space Manufacturing and Service companies with a long history of providing Earth Observation operations, maintenance and front-end services to the European Space Agency. The company also offers vast experience to a huge number of IT and space markets including: central governments, defence organisations, the aerospace industry and commercial companies.
Does working in a Serco environment sound appealing to you?
We would love to hear from you and your interest in the new opportunity of Bid Coordinator in Frascati !
The role involves working within the European BD Team to provide dedicated, high-quality support to the central BD team and individual bid teams across the Business Unit, mainly focussing on Italian bids but also working with teams based in Belgium, Germany, France, Spain, Holland, Switzerland and others.
This is a key role within the team to ensure that we are in the best position to win good business to grow and develop the company.
Day to day this means working with BD and bid teams to support adequate resourcing, robust governance and the production of winning bids.
This is an opportunity to work in a diverse organisation, in a high-profile, crucially-important role; it also offers opportunities to gain a broad range of experience within the BD and bidding environments.
Does this vacancy not suit your profile? Not to worry, you can send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org – a member of our Recruitment Team will come back to you shortly after.
Are you looking to secure a career in a public sector environment? We would love to hear from you!
As Bid Coordinator you will be responsible to:
- Support the governance process for individual bids, working in partnership with the Bid Manager and wider bid team
- Work with the Head of Bidding (Europe) and individual bid teams to help maintain the central pipeline, including an accurate view of all bid release/response dates, resourcing requirements etc.
- Provide support to individual bid management and governance processes as required, including
- Support with booking meetings – e.g. governance sign-offs, black hats etc.
- Supporting key stages of the bid process – e.g. production of bid kick-off packs, managing red reviews etc.
- Manage individual bid calendars
- Manage individual bid budgets in partnership with individual bid teams
- Manage the SharePoint site for each specific bid
- Manage bid portals – e.g. uploading clarification questions and circulating responses; uploading bid submissions on time etc.
- Contribute to ad hoc bid writing, management and production tasks as required
- Gain/maintain expertise in BD/bid processes, through liaison with the central function
- Provide general support to the team as required (e.g. organisation of events, travel etc.)
In return, we offer a friendly, supportive and professional environment that respects your work/life balance and ultimately contributes to the delivery of public services in Italy and around the world.
Essential technical and professional skills, knowledge and qualifications
- Strong intellect
- Accuracy and attention to detail, with excellent organisational skills
- Experience of effective working on live bids
- Excellent Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
- Capacity to handle demanding and fluctuating workload
- Thoroughness and attention to detail with steadiness under pressure
- Energy and tenacity
- Team player
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to work with a range of people across the business
- Demonstrable track record of innovative thinking
- Implementation of new processes and systems
Additional/special features of the role
- Opportunity to influence and help develop new processes within the BD/bid functions
- Opportunity to operate individually and within a team
- Capacity to develop management and commercial skills
- Opportunities for progression
- Opportunities to work across European, multi-disciplinary bids
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Joining Serco Italy’s amazing team offers:
- Competitive Salary
- Great career opportunities in the Space industry
- Competitive Salary
- Corporate Benefits Package
- Exciting relocation package (if applicable)
- Company events
- International environment
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco European Agencies