Assistant Configuration Officer
We have an exciting (and challenging) opening for a Assistant Configuration Officer in Noordwijk.
Dynamic, Energetic, Entrepreneurial, Highly Motivated, Resilient … If this describes you then we would love to hear from you :)
Discover the offer below and click on ‘Apply’ if you know that your skillset and talents are a suitable match for this opportunity.
- Serco – The employer of choice for a career within the Space Sector.
Serco are a trusted provider of services to National Space Agencies and the European Space Agency (ESA), we have over 40 years’ experience supporting the space sector and providing services for all stages of our customer’s space missions.
- Join our community of space specialists across Europe
We are proud to support the European institutional Space landscape: Serco boasts an extensive network of Space professionals located at our offices in Darmstadt, Noordwijk, Frascati, Paris and Madrid, all within close proximity of our two largest space sector customers, European Space Agency/European Space Operations Centre (ESA/ESOC) and European Organisation for the Exploitation of Meteorological Satellites (EUMETSAT).
- Supporting Women in Aerospace
Diversity and Inclusion is extremely important to us. Supporting women's opportunities, development and visibility in the space sector is key and that is why we are proud members and supporters of Women in Aerospace Europe, a dynamic and global network supporting women's careers in Aerospace.
As Assistant Configuration Officer you will concentrate your activities on the following:
- Acting as a Configuration and Documentation management expert within Copernicus Programme to support the definition and maintenance of the project Configuration Management Processes and tools, and to promote standardisation.
- Contribute to the establishment and maintenance of the project CADM plans and monitor that CM performances are met (together with the Product Assurance Managers and Project Controllers).
- Act as secretary to Configuration Control Boards (CCBs) for the disposition of Request for Waiver (RFWs), Request for Deviation (RFDs) and configuration change requests / proposals. Prepare the meeting ad follow up disposition of amendments to the contract.
- Registration and distribution to relevant reviewers, of Change Requests, Contract Change Notices, Requests for Deviation/Waivers.
- Prepare the CCB meetings by soliciting the required inputs and follow up resulting actions and disposition of amendments to the contract.
- Support the control of the evolution of the Project Baseline Requirements and the provision of traceability of the changes.
- Support the setting up and coordination of Project Reviews to ensure
the availability of the Data package and manage the RID/eRID System.
- Support the implementation and maintenance of adequate configuration control methods and procedures, consistent with applicable standards/requirements.
- Provide status data and maintaining a well-structured configuration
- Support the setting-up and monitoring of operations and maintenance of
the Document Configuration and Change Management (DCCM) within
the Eclipse software Suite for management, storage and control of ESA
Unclassified - with Limited Distribution (e.g.: ITAR/EAR Docs) and
- Assist in the preparation of project audits.
- Support configuration audits and configuration inspections.
- Perform Data collection, extraction from different Corporate applications (e.g. PRISMA, Eclipse,) and from various internal sources and data consistency checking and coherence analysis.
- Support the project documentalists in retrieving documents from local DMS, DMS’s from external partners and/or industry.
- Train staff and contractors on Eclipse and other DMS tools.
- Liaise with industrial partner’s CADM officers and documentalists for exchanging data and resolving documentation and configuration related issues.
- Other responsibilities as defined by the Product Assurance, Project Controllers and Project Managers.
- You are expected to be or become quickly familiar with the Agency’s internal IT tools needed for the conduct of You tasks.
Do you think you are the person we are looking for? See below what experience or knowledge you should bring:
- Master’s degree or equivalent qualification.
- At least 4 years of previous working experience in a similar role.
- Proficient in MS Office packages.
- Knowledge of ESA Configuration and Documentation Management standards (ECSS) is an advantage.
- Knowledge of ESA administrative and documentation management tools is a definite advantage.
- Experience with ESA and Earth Observation projects in fields such as Product Assurance, System Engineering and/or Project Control is an advantage.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills and attention to detail.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work both autonomously
and as part of a team within the boundaries of assigned tasks and a stringent schedule.
- Initiative, positive attitude and motivation to perform to high standards in
a demanding environment.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with external parties (e.g. Industry).
- Fluent in the English language (spoken and written), knowledge of other European languages is an asset.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
What we offer if you join our amazing team:
• Competitive Salary
• Corporate Benefits Package
• Support provided to EU Nationals requiring relocation – Information available upon request
• Company events
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 60,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco European Agencies