Application/Cloud architect (ACA)
Serco is a partner of choice to the European Institutions and other International Organisations. For the past 30 years, we have been providing European and International Organisations a wide range of services including ICT services in support, infrastructure, operations and development as well as managing different contact centres for the key European Institutions, agencies and organisations, in Brussels and across Europe.
What connects the ever-growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service –
To keep ahead, we have to evolve continually and enhance the way we deliver our services. Everyone in Serco has a role to play, here.
Serco provides the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
We are hiring an Application / Cloud Architect (ACA) for our prestigious partner DIGIT TM (DG Informatics) in Brussels. DIGIT-TM is a contract from the European Commission for IT services across Europe.
If you like to work in a multi-cultural and dynamic environment, this opportunity can answer to your expectation.
We look forward to meeting you! Discover the offer below and click on ‘Apply’ if you know that your skillset and talents are a suitable match for this opportunity.
At Serco, we do not only offer a career but also the opportunity to join a community where everyone’s wellbeing matters, by living out the Serco values in all we do!
As Application / Cloud Architect (ACA) you will be responsible for:
- Analysis and integration of different information systems or building blocks
- Data analysis and data modelling
- Coordination of the implementation of the technical architecture
- Design/development/maintenance of applications that reflect the specifications
- Participate in the deployment and configuration of the system (s)
- Production of software architecture documents
- Participation in technical working groups, progress meetings and meetings with the Project Team
- Assistance during relevant parts of testing, analysis, technical documentation, deployment, evaluation and reporting
- Creating designs and blueprints of Cloud Architecture
- Review of the architecture of existing systems to migrate of existing system in the cloud if applicable
- Design and development of architecture components and building blocks using cloud components
- Perform level 2 and level 3 support task
- Performing PoC in the requested technologies
- Create / update documentation as part of knowledge management
In return, we offer a friendly, supportive and professional environment that respects your work/life balance and ultimately contributes to the delivery of public services in Belgium and around the world.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Following skills and knowledge are required for the performance of the above listed tasks:
- Ability to cope with fast changing technologies used in application architecture and design.
- Rapid self-starting capability.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Capability to speak to business and technical audiences.
- Good redaction skills.
- Excellent critical thinker, by using logic and reasoning to identify strengths and weaknesses of
- alternative solutions.
- Ability to apply high quality standards.
- Ability to produce high level estimations of the work to be achieved.
- Strong organisational and time-management skills
- Attention to details.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Strive for innovation and open to new trends
The following is an asset for the performance of tasks:
- Experience and specific expertise with EC building blocks like EU Login, eUI, CNS and e-Delivery
- Experience and specific expertise in Serverless development and NoSQL databases
- Experience and specific expertise in A/B, Blue/Green and Canary deployments
- Experience and specific expertise in AWS EC2/S3
- Good knowledge of x509 certificates and PKI
Due to the particular nature of a large international organisation such as the European Commission, candidates should also have the following non-technical skills:
- Capability of integration in an international/multicultural environment, rapid self-starting capability and experience in working in team;
- Ability to make presentations to Member State Authorities, excellent communicator.
- Ability to participate in multilingual meetings;
- Ability to work in multi-cultural environment, on multiple large projects;
- Excellent Team Player
- Ability to understand, speak and write in English C1; French at level B1 or higher will be an advantage;
- High degree of discretion and integrity is required as the applications managed and maintained in
- MOVE-ENER SRD.2 contain personal and confidential data
CERTIFICATIONS & STANDARDS
The following certifications & standards are an asset for the performance of tasks:
- Oracle Certified Professional Java Application Developer
- Angular Certification
- Certified DevSecOps Professional (CDP) certification.
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect.
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect Expert.
- Google Professional Cloud Architect.
- Certified Kubernetes Application Developer (CKAD)
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Support provided to EU Nationals requiring relocation – Information available upon request
And the chance to make a positive difference in a company passionate about diversity and inclusion.
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 60,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco European Agencies