Software Developer C# .NET
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators,committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Software Developer C# .NET ,based in Ispra, Italy.
• The task involves the implementation of user requirements, testing, documentation and integration with other systems.
• The candidate will be developing both low-level code for interfacing the hardware components and the software for data analysis and user interaction
• The candidate will develop will develop mostly on Windows systems, but
also on embedded linux and microcontrollers
• The primary application is the development of user interface that authenticates a user, guide the user through a set of activities, communicates with safeguard devices on RS485 and LAN, logs activities and securely transmits data. The interface is running on a windows PC, and some safeguard devices running linux may need updates according to the development phase
• A secondary activity is the improvement of existing WPF application that acquires an ultrasonic signal from a probe and perform some analysis and comparison. The development activity consists in the development and test of new algorithm. A similar software is running also on a linux device. Upgrades will be ported also to this platform.
The successful Candidate will bring:
• The candidate needs to have at least a Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field and professional experience in software engineering and development
• Experience must include software programming using C#, .NET, WPF under Windows and embedded software programming on arm processors and linux
• Serial and LAN communication experience is preferred
• Secure data transmission is also an advantage
• Knowledge of SQL/SVN/GIT is of advantage
• Good knowledge of English is required
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Make a difference everyday.
At Serco everyone has an important role to play. Take pride in what you do.
What we offer if you join our amazing team:
• Competitive Salary
• Retirement plans
• Company events
• International environment
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services with over 220 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies