Application Developer (3590, L3)
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators,committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Application Developer, based in Brussels.
The main tasks are the following:
• Maintain the e-learning platform, both in the current environment and in the new one after migration
• Help in the definition of the needs related to the migration of the portal
• Contribute to the migration phase
• Develop modules in the same way as the current ones
• Add functionalities to the portal following requests by the Agency
• Write technical documentation
• Document all the work done
• Share information with the other members of the team
The Ideal Candidate
The following technical skills are requested:
• Good experience with Moodle
• A good knowledge of PHP
• A good knowledge of MySql and SQL
• Knowledge of Linux OS (SUSE, CentOS)
• Knowledge of HTML5 is a plus
• Knowledge of 3D and video editing tools (Adobe Flash/Animate, Adobe After Effect) is a plus
The following personal skills are requested:
• Very good written and spoken English
• Knowledge of French is a plus
• Ability to cope with fast changing technologies used in application developments
• Capability of integration in an international/multi-cultural environment, rapid self-starting capability and experience in working in team.
• Well organized and structured
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
For positions located within the Darmstadt Support Office please note that only applicants with no family affiliation within the Company will be considered.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services with over 220 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies