Application Architect (JAVA and Database developments) (19232, L4)
Serco is a partner of choice to the European Institutions and other International Organisations. For the past 30 years, we have been providing European and International Organisations a wide range of services including ICT services in support, infrastructure, operations and development as well as managing different contact centres for the key European Institutions, agencies and organisations, in Brussels and across Europe.
What connects the ever-growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service –
To keep ahead, we have to evolve continually and enhance the way we deliver our services. Everyone in Serco has a role to play, here.
Serco provides the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
We are hiring an Application Architect with a deep knowledge in JAVA and Database development for our prestigious partner DIGIT TM (DG Informatics) in Brussels. DIGIT-TM is a contract from the European Commission for IT services across Europe.
If you like to work in a multi-cultural and dynamic environment, this opportunity can answer to your expectation.
We look forward meeting you! Discover the offer below and click on ‘Apply’ if you know that your skillset and talents are a suitable match for this opportunity!
At Serco, we do not only offer a career but also the opportunity to join a community where everyone’s wellbeing matters, by living out the Serco values in all we do!
Are you looking to secure a career in a public sector environment? We would love to hear from you!
Your tasks will be :
- Architecture and design of information systems;
- Analysis and documentation of requirements following the standards and methodologies established by the Contracting Authority;
- Participate in the analysis and design of database schemas/tables/etc.;
- Data analysis and data modelling;
- Development/maintenance of applications that reflect the specifications;
- Design and development of architecture components and building blocks;
- Integration with other applications/systems;
- Production of technical documentation;
- Formulation and/or elaboration of test cases/programs;
- Participate in the deployment and configuration of the system (s);
- Participation in meetings with the Contracting Authority, project teams and user groups.
In return, we offer a friendly, supportive and professional environment that respects your work/life balance and ultimately contributes to the delivery of public services in Belgium and around the world.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Very good knowledge of J2EE including Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and web services;
- Very good knowledge of Application Servers (Oracle WebLogic Server, Tomcat, etc.);
- Very good knowledge of Relational Database Management Systems - DBMS (preferably Oracle 11/12 g);
- Good knowledge of the following: Spring 5, Spring boot 2, Hibernate, Liquibase and Junit;
- Experience with DevOps container/orchestration tools (Docker, Ansible, Kubernetes, etc.);
- Experience in cloud based development (AWS web services);
- Good knowledge of continuous delivery and Application Lifecycle Management tools (Jenkins, Bamboo, JIRA, Git, Nexus, etc.);
- Basic knowledge of UNIX/LINUX;
- Knowledge of Agile methodology and involved concepts;
- Very good knowledge of web application design and development;
- Ability to apply high quality standards;
- Ability to cope with fast changing technologies used in application architecture and design;
- Good communication skills;
- Ability to give technical presentations;
- Capability of working in a multi-lingual/multi-cultural environment;
- Very good knowledge of English (both written and oral).
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A level of education corresponding to Level 7 of the European Qualifications Framework (which typically corresponds to a master’s level or 5 years of higher education)1 . Where the minimum number of years of education is not fulfilled, 2 years of professional experience will be considered as equivalent for 1 year of study.
- Minimum 11 years of IT professional experience.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
And the chance to make a positive difference in a company passionate about diversity and inclusion.
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco European Agencies