Application Architect/ Cloud Architecture/ Data Platform (9081 L5)
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators,committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Application Architect based in Brussels.
- Use of Agile software development methodology
- Knowledge of SCRUM and ITIL is an asset.
- Architecture and design of information systems with special emphasis on Cloud Computing architectures
- Review of the architecture of existing systems
- Design and development of architecture components and building blocks Analysis of the integration of different information systems
- Data modelling
- Coordination of the implementation of the technical architecture
- Technical interface between the project leaders/business and the developers/technical layers
- Production of software architecture documents
- Participation in technical working groups, progress meetings and meetings with the users
- Assistance during relevant parts of testing, analysis, technical documentation, deployment, evaluation and reporting
This list of tasks is non-exhaustive.
The Ideal Candidate
- Good knowledge of Cloud Computing architectures and technologies
- Good knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture
- Good knowledge of applications design
- Good knowledge of modelling tools and structured techniques (Design Patterns, Use Cases and UML)
- Good knowledge of Enterprise Architecture methodologies and tools e.g. TOGAF
- Good knowledge of Relational DBMS
- Good knowledge of business process modelling and analysis
- Knowledge of interoperability technologies
- Ability to determine system specifications, input/output processes and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility
- Ability to prepare and give technical presentations
- Ability to apply high quality standards
- Ability to work autonomously and to meet strict deadlines
- Abstraction skills
- Ability to cope with fast changing technologies used in application architecture and design
- Ability to participate in multi-disciplinary (policy, business, technical) meetings, good communication skills
- Ability to integrate and work in an international/multi-cultural environment
- Bachelor/Master degree in Computer Science, Technology or related field preferred.
- Experience in working with Agile/Sprint methodologies
- Amazon Web Service (AWS) knowledge and experience
- Microsoft Azure knowledge is considered as an advantage
- Experience with data analytics and big data technologies is considered a plus
- Experience with knowledge graph and linked data technologies is considered a plus
- Cloud Architect certification (one of AWS, Azure, Google) is considered a plus
- Knowledge of other data related technologies and work experience with XML or JSON
- Customer oriented work experience – assisting and supporting customers.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services with over 220 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies