Application Architect (7457, L4)
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators,committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Application Architect based in Brussels.
Description of tasks:
- Architecture and design of information systems.
- Review of the architecture of existing systems.
- Design and development of architecture components and building blocks.
- Analysis of the integration of different information systems.
- Data analysis and data modelling.
- Coordination of the implementation of the technical architecture.
- Technical interface between the project leaders and the developers.
- Production of software architecture documents.
- Participation in technical working groups, progress meetings and meetings with the users.
- Assistance during relevant parts of testing, analysis, technical documentation, deployment, evaluation and reporting.
The Ideal Candidate
Knowledge and Skills:
- In depth knowledge of web application architecture and design.
- In depth knowledge of UML, and ability to use a variety design tools.
- In depth knowledge of Java design patterns. GOF, and new patterns like Broker, Event Bus, Micro-services, CQRS, Event Driven, or Event sourcing.
- In depth knowledge of Java 6 / Java 7 / Java 8, Spring Core and dependency injection.
- In depth knowledge of internals of Spring Boot Auto-configuration system. Ability to prototype custom starters based on corporate systems, or technical extensions.
- In depth knowledge of Cloud Native architectures based on Spring Cloud. Config Server, Eureka or Consul, Zuul, Histrix and Sleuth/Zipkin. Spring Cloud dataflow, and Spring cloud skipper are also desirable.
- In depth knowledge of data modelling for SQL and NOSQL databases.
- In depth knowledge of Elastic Search, with or without Spring Data Elastic Search.
- In depth knowledge of graph data modelling and design.
- Basic knowledge of the most common REDIS uses cases.
- In-depth knowledge of REST principles and frameworks like Spring Data REST and Jersey.
- In-depth knowledge of SOAP and Spring Web Services.
- In-depth knowledge of Jackson or Gson.
- Basic knowledge of messaging and brokers like RabbitMQ Kafka or Redis Pub/Sub would be desirable.
- In-depth experience working with Spring Security, OAUTH2, JSON Web tokens (JWT), and identity management products like KeyCloack would be desirable.
- Basic knowledge of Aspose for Java would be desirable.
- In depth knowledge of unit testing with Junit and Spring Test. Hamcrest and Mockito probed experience.
- In depth knowledge of integration testing with Spring with MockMVC Test and JsonPath.
- In depth knowledge of Spring REST Docs, Spring REST Auto Docs, and AsciiDoc.
- Basic knowledge of performance testing tools, like Apache JMeter, or Gatling.io would be desirable.
- Basic knowledge of the ELK stack.
- Basic knowledge of metrics libraries and front-ends like MicroMeter.io, Prometheus and Grafana.
- In depth knowledge of ECMAScript 2015 2018.
- In depth knowledge of unit testing with Jasmine or Mocha.
- Basic knowledge of e2e testing from the browser with Protractor/Cypress would be desirable.
- In depth knowledge of Agile principles.
- In depth knowledge of SVN and GIT.
- Basic knowledge of continuous integration and continuous delivery ideas, and platforms would be desirable.
- Experience working with the Atlassian Suite, JIRA Confluence Bitbucket and Bamboo.
- Ability to code proof of concepts (Including client side) based on use cases.
- Ability to debug and fix complex issues in client and server sides of a web application.
- Ability to visualize complex issues.
- Analytic and creative problem solving.
- Good redaction skills.
- Ability to give technical presentations.
- Ability to apply high quality standards.
- Ability to cope with fast changing technologies used in application architecture and design.
- Ability to participate in multi-lingual meetings, good communication skills.
- Capability of integration in an international/multi-cultural environment, rapid self-starting capability and experience in working in team.
The candidate should be fluent in English both orally and in writing. A sufficient knowledge of French for oral communication is an advantage
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services with over 220 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies