Application Architect (6092, L2)
At Serconot only is the nature of the work we doimportant, everyone has an important role to play, fromcaring for vulnerable people to managing complex publicservices.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for deliveringessential public services around the world, we are innovators,committed toredesigning and improving public services for the benefit ofeveryone.
Serco and Proud -Make a difference every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Application Architect, based in Brussels.
PROVISIONAL DESCRIPTION OF THE WORK
- Architecture and design of information systems; review of existing system architecture in view of the preparation of the corporate post-2020 workflow system;
- Design and development of architecture components and building blocks;
- Analysis of the integration of different IT systems;
- Data analysis and data modelling;
- Provide assistance, coordinate and participate to the implementation and update of the reference architecture, including on the SOA/BPMN technology; being the interface between the project leaders and developers;
- Produce and maintain up-to-date the software architecture documents;
- Design, review and develop business processes using BPM technology, mainly Oracle or Activity based;
- Design, review and develop SOA services using BPEL technology
- Collaboration and communication with teams of external applications DECIDE, Ares, SFC BO, SFC FO, etc.
The Ideal Candidate
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERTISE REQUIRED
- Excellent knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture;
- Excellent knowledge of BPM technologies;
- Good knowledge of application design and modelling tools;
- Excellent knowledge of SQL, especially Oracle RDBMS and tools;
- Excellent Knowledge of interoperability technology (e.g. web services, message oriented middleware, service oriented bus);
- Excellent knowledge and experience of component based development, deployments in Java/J2EE environments;
- Good knowledge of Maven, Angular, RESTfull Web APIs, JBOSS Drools (Business rules);
- Good drafting skill, ability to deliver technical presentations;
- Knowledge of the Regional and Urban policy and of European Structural and Investment funds is considered an asset;
- Ability to cope with fast changing technologies used in application architecture and design;
- Ability to participate in multi-lingual meetings, good communication skills; strong motivation, efficiency;
SPECIFIC EXPERTISE REQUIRED
- Minimum 7 years of experience with Business Process Management tools (e.g. JBoss BPM, Oracle BPM);
- Minimum 5 years of experience in SOA services development using BPEL;
- Minimum 5 years of experience with Message Oriented Middleware/Enterprise Service Bus technologies.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in Object Oriented Design and Development;
- Minimum 7 years of experience in SQL/Oracle RDBMS and tools;
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Serco is one of the worlds largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services with over 220 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to peoples lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers front-line public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies