Application Architect (5632, M4)
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators,committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Application Architect, based in Brussels..
DESCRIPTION OF TASKS
The main related tasks to this position are the following:
- Architecture and design of information systems.
- Review of the architecture of existing systems
- Analysis of the integration of different information systems
- Analysis, design and implementations of services and composites in SOA context (BPMN, BPEL, SCA)
- Production of use case models, software architecture documents, design and analysis models, implementation models
- Follow up of the data analysis and data modelling.
- Coordination of the implementation of the technical architecture
- Help to deployment of the components, help to configuration management
- Documentation of the technical implementations and the composites
- Evaluate and test technical components delivered by other teams to ensure that they conform to requirements and methodology
- Participation in technical working groups, progress meetings and meetings with the users
- Assistance in the testing, the technical documentation, the deployment, the evaluation and the reporting
- Depending on the circumstances, the expert may be requested to provide assistance or support in the resolution of production issues.
The Ideal Candidate
- In depth knowledge of information systems
- In depth knowledge of software development methodologies (e.g RUP)
- Experience of Workflow applications
- Experience with relational databases
- Experience in complex UI interface development
- Ability to apply high quality standards to all tasks.
- Good reporting methods.
- Capacity in writing and presenting studies, to give presentations about the project.
- Ability to participate in multi-lingual meetings, good communication skills.
- Capability of integration in an international/multi-cultural environment, rapid self-starting capability and experience in team working.
- The necessary experience and technical skills to perform the service are
- Experienced with WS SOAP development on Oracle Web Logic application server
- Experienced with Oracle middleware products (SOA Suite)
- Experienced with standards/APIs: XSD, SOAP, JAX-WS, JAXB (possibly also JAX-RPC)
- JEE 6 environment and standards, EJB3
- jQuery, Angular 2 / 4
- Experienced with tools: Eclipse/Workshop 10.3, Ant or Maven, SoapUI
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services with over 220 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies