Application Architect (5543, L3)
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators,committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Application Architect based in Brussels.
Description of tasks:
To enforce the sector of more than 25 colleagues, we look for a motivated and service oriented development team leader to:
- Lead a small team of 2 – 5 technical experts and developers
- Architecture and design of information system (review of the existing system too)
- Perform technical analysis and produce technical documentation (UML)
- Ensure developments proceed according to plan and a high level of quality.
- Guide a small team for the technical implementation and ensure the agile methodology in place is applied
- Contribute to the development, designing and developing the architecture components and building block
- Provide assistance and/or support in the resolution of production issues (3rd line)
- Collaborate with other teams inside and outside the unit, to ensure a correct integration between applications
The Ideal Candidate
- In depth knowledge of JEE 8 (at least EJB3, JMS, JPA)
- In depth knowledge of Angular 2 (or higher)
- In depth knowledge of automatic testing frameworks (jUnit, TestNG, Jasmine)
- Experience designing multilayer applications and integration points
- Experience with SOA webservices
- Experience working in large teams
- Experience with Oracle database
- Experience with Weblogic Server
- Experience with integration tools like Jenkins, Sonar
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services with over 220 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies